VIC Invest 320k in Melbourne ?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by yoyo_guitarist, 28th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

Stats are fun aren't they?..... but I rather get on the ground....
    Should I knock each Werribee household and ask what capital growth in the last 3 years, or maybe speak to the local sales agent...

Should I use the gentle approach or the Jack Bauer approach
    upload_2017-2-7_21-52-14.png

WattleIdo likes this.
  2. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

So throwing all the stats out of the door now? I thought it was outer western suburbs not Werribee Well u could go to an auction haha or yeah maybe visit an agent. Do they Hindi classes in qld or nsw?

Also I thought u had those stats from ur collection and was ready to come up with a definite conclusion that "outer western suburbs in Melbourne" are a dumb deal

3. RetireRich101

let's end the discussion here ...we are trolling each other... it's getting useless and tiring. you can do whatever you like with the post.

and please @melbournian can you please not quote my post ( asking kindly)

4. melbournian

Was only seeking answers based on stats yet it ended prematurely without a real conclusion on whether western outer suburbs was going to boom or fall based on 3 yearly stats

I did give my views demographics suburb infra locations and many others did post on structure of H&L

Done as long don't get too hyped if I post abt ur fav suburb

5. Cactus

Cactus Well-Known Member

I wasn't trolling you I asked a legitimate question and you still didn't answer it. Now I'm left completely confused why you bother posting in the first place.

6. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

IGNORANCE IS BLISS.

Amen

7. melbournian

to be honest, no one trolled but the person himself : a seasoned investor looking amateurish asking the same questions and repeating himself.

Poster A : Werribee, Hoppers and rest of suburbs are expected to see a rise
    Poster B : THis H&L packages by buying land early in the estate
    Poster C : I have done H&L packages in estate X, Y, Z and have seen gains of X,Y,Z percentage
    Poster D : 3 Years Stats show Werribee is less than 30% across 3 years. I will study this dumb deal and I thought Melbourne boomed ? .
    Poster C : There are many markets in Melbourne, also land and home are different as you organize the build to make that 10-20% growth.
    Poster D : But what is 3 year Stats shows it is a dumb deal
    Poster B : Demographics make diff to price growth medians etc. big population of Indians in the west buying up these estates
    Poster D: Indians are not good tenants. pacific islanders on centrelink are the best
    Poster D : What are the 3 years capital growth. buying property should be based on stats.
    Poster A : How would you buy property then? give example of booms
    Poster D : 3 years stats show there are no gains to be made in this patch.
    Poster D : Why are you guys trolling me?

And the cycle repeats.

Cactus likes this.
  8. Kelstan2009

Kelstan2009 Member

Hey guys, 1st time poster so be nice :)

What are your thoughts on the suburb Doreen? growth? Are there still decent H&L packages available?

And secondly, thoughts down the Bellarine Peninsula, Portarlington, Indented Head..etc Potential for growth? Does the ferry service to Docklands make a difference?

Cheers

9. Cactus

Cactus Well-Known Member

I personally dislike Doreen as I feel it is poorly connected to the Cbd. I worked on a development there years ago. Maybe someone with more recent exp can talk to the growth potential.

Kelstan2009 likes this.
  10. gary176

gary176 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

1st time investor, I am looking at a house for investment. I am based in Sydney and looked at hoppers crossing and surrounding area e.g werribee, tarniet etc.

My personal preference is hoppers crossing:" for below reasons:

1. Pacific werribee shopping mall, Edge of hoppers crossing/werribee
    2.already established suburb, tarniet has plenty of land available
    3. Good transport
    4. Development around the area with hopistal getting private wing and potential werribee business hub and a uni?
    5. Good demographic mix

Just seeking your thoughts on the same. Hoppers crossing is potentially a bit pricey than Werribee but potentially bcoz it's already established..

11. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Seems like you've done your homework. I like hoppers, as you said higher point. What price difference have you noticed comparing similar propertys in hopppers to Werribee?

12. gary176

gary176 Well-Known Member

Depends on the house, seems houses near the mall are 30-40k more expensive than the other areas of HC. Werribee and Hc( expect near mall) are similar. I can't believe I am seeing some apartments in Webbiree and surroundings given the land available at 5 min drive.

Also, not sure if anyone can recommend a good lawyer for property purchase in the Hoppers crossing area? Thanks

13. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yeah know what you mean....most trolls....are not the smartest....

melbournian likes this.
  14. RetireRich101

I know right ?... for some that set their foot on the ground in the Australia soil for 36 years and there are some immigrate to Australia last 36 months and claiming to be a investment guru...God bless them..

ashish1137 likes this.
  15. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

There is a really nice estate in there that looks like an OO estate. Nice houses, big blocks, nice gardens. I think it would be good as a long term investment in one of these as I think you'd get good tenants. I wouldn't buy there as you can't sub divide or develop in the future. Haven't checked but I would expect these to be well over 500k, okay if you want to live there though. I agree not well connected for ease of getting around Melbourne. I hate having to go out there audit takes so long getting in and out, would be fine if you were retired and didn't need to go far. I wouldn't want to live in any of the crappy estates with 500m blocks though

16. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

That is commercial office space, but resi is not far off the peak.

RetireRich101 likes this.
  17. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

To be honest, to me it has been relevant.

Sydney, in my areas I watch, had def peaked, there was even drops, but 2 further rate cuts fired it all right back up, so it seems logical that it goes back to rising market as that is what it is doing again.

18. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

Guru?
    No one is a Guru. Life's a learning process.
    We evolve. ;)

I never asked questions which challenge others for numbers, especially when they are shouting and letting you know with examples.
    Everyone has got their way. Question to learn and not to discourage or troll.

Seems those who immigrate keep an open mind than people who are here for last 36 years who think there stat tells them everything.:rolleyes: (no offense meant to anyone). Questioning is good but to what extent is another question one should ask themselves
    o_O

I think someone said never to quote their posts. Just reciprocating the gesture.:)

I do agree here that you are far more knowledgeable than me. Still I dont get the point why you keep on asking same questions with some irrelevant stats and appreciating the posts where people mention they got 5.6% appreciation in past one year.

Seems a 36 month old Australian immigrant might supass last 3 years returns than a 36 year old Australian citizen (in case you want to share and compare).
    This is because i see, compare, decide and most importantly Trust.

Open your mind and thee shall learn.:).

Peace
    Ashish

Ash, Connor and Cactus like this.
  19. Air_Bender

Air_Bender Well-Known Member

20. Coota9

Coota9 Well-Known Member

flyhere likes this.