Introduction - the 40 year old accidental investor.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lifecompetitor, 15th Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Read through Travel Bug's posts on Somersoft Forums (previous forum to this)

2. Travelbug

Travelbug Well-Known Member

Can I ask why you need $150 000pa cash flow? You are living on less than that now.

If you are retired you would generally need less to live on.

I retired on a lot less cash flow at he end of 2015. I sold a few more properties since then and my net worth and cash flow have increased substantially. We travel extensively on a lot less than $150k a year.

Property Twins likes this.
  3. lifecompetitor

lifecompetitor Well-Known Member

Hello Travelbug. Firstly, thanks for the taking the time to read and respond. Based on suggestions from members here I’ve gone back to read (almost) all of your old posts. Here and on SS. A solid few hours of reading! Congrats on what you have been able to achieve. Brilliantly worked.

This may come across negatively for some but I’ve learnt to be more honest with myself and others as I’ve gotten older. I’ve aimed for $150K for a number of reasons:

Always aimed high to stretch myself to achieve more.

Always wanted to experience the full spectrum of life experiences, particularly travel and (expensive) food, so I want to maintain and even improve my standard of living from what it is today if possible!

I’ve got a long list of Michelin restaurants and Aman resorts I’m yet to experience!! Some people love cars, I love food and to travel in style. I aim to collect the best and most varied life experiences I can before I kick the can.

$150K would put me in a position where I don’t have to think twice about what I want to eat, where I would like to holiday, choose to live, support for family, friends or charity. It gives me complete choice.

I could certainly could live off a lot less than $150K probably even a third. I could absolutely do it but it wouldn’t be the life I wanted.....

4. lifecompetitor

lifecompetitor Well-Known Member

I liked your suggestion so much I adopted it Geoff. Thank you.

geoffw likes this.
  5. Travelbug

Travelbug Well-Known Member

Good on you for knowing what you want out of life. That's a great first step to getting what you want.

I'm travel addicted (as you can see by my name). LOL

Wishing you all the best on your journey.

lifecompetitor likes this.