International Cities with the best quality of life

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Angel, 20th May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

I think a big wad of cash makes a lot of horrible places become quite liveable.

MTR and Joynz like this.
  2. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Sure. To some extent

That website depends a lot on cost of living vs what you can earn.

But there's also things in that website about crime, pollution, traffic and quality of life.

I loved living in Medellin- I was spending money from Australia, and I had a standard of life which wasn't too bad. People who had to earn local $$ didn't fare so well.

I was in a low crime part of the city; the quality of life was good. Pollution sometimes got a little bad, but not overly so.

I couldn't, for instance, live in Mexico City, where the pollution can get horrendous. No amount of money can make up for that.

3. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I feel very spoilt - From that list, I've lived in Melbourne, Amsterdam and Sydney...

My top 5 cities to live would be: Copenhagen, Cambridge (what it lacks is available 40mins away in London), Kyoto, Melbourne... Brisbane?

MTR likes this.
  4. Chrispy

Chrispy Well-Known Member

Very interesting. Both Wellington and Auckland get earthquakes but this is not even considered. I would think that would be a little bit of a worry????
    I have lived in quite a few of the Cities mentioned. I found Geneva to be safe yes but very unfriendly, people kept to themselves very much. London, Paris, French Regional towns, all comfortable but unfriendly weather.
    I still prefer Melbourne to any of the places I have lived. The way of life suits me.

MTR likes this.
  5. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Speaking of unfriendly Swiss...
    Vegan denied Swiss citizenship by neighbours annoyed at her animal campaigns

Chrispy likes this.
  6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

NZ. - Yes, I guess the other good stuff over rides this

7. Terrychris

Terrychris Well-Known Member

Bangkok is great ... 2 hours to beaches in Pattaya .
    Low cost living, 24 hour City, some of thebest restaurants from the World, big shopping centres, modern hospitals.

Great entertainment,can live good on $1500 a month

Neg points ... Traffic, pollution, overcrowded, Real estate expensive to buy