Insurance when selling a development

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Big Daddy, 24th Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

What type of insurance do you recommend when selling a survey strata development of three townhouses? I need the buildings to be covered from handover until settlement

1)If i choose Landlord insurance then i need a tenant
    2)If i choose Home building insurance then it cant be unoccuiped for 60 days
    3)If i choose Strata insurance for all three, then how do i remove the cover for each building once its settlement occurs. It could be six months from first one sold to last one.

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Contact a broker

wylie likes this.
  3. Kent Cliffe

Kent Cliffe Well-Known Member

All off the self policies I've seen excluded vacant property.

What's in the management agreement for the strata? Is there any common property?

I'd suggest getting an understanding of the strata's insurance requirements and then speaking to a general insurance broker.

Instalments or premium funding the balance can help if you're looking to flick it on. The strata can cancel this extra cost once it has some levies.

Last edited: 24th Nov, 2018
  4. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

5. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

The driveway is common property. No strata management since I built it and didn't need to set it up as there are only 3 dwellings. Thanks I'll investigate everyone's options.