Inner ring Brisbane development 2020

Discussion in 'Development' started by Sackie, 15th Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

Your second design looks similar to our new build (but won't be anywhere near as flash as yours :p). A large upstairs balcony is such a great feature to take advantage of the climate, views and privacy. I might 17763_1b.jpg feel a bit trapped in without one.

Last edited: 28th Jan, 2020
    Archaon and Sackie like this.
  2. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yep, I think the first one it is. Especially since I'm not going for the super traditional Hamptons look.

i'm getting some first concept sketches back soon. Poor bugger (the drafty) must be getting tired of me asking... are you done yet....though he's only had about a week to do them...:D

ellejay and Archaon like this.
  4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

For the Modern Contemporary one, these are some colors/designs im currently playing with in my head. Early days to lock anything in though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ellejay and wylie like this.
  5. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

Bit more inspo to throw your way.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MWI, wylie, ellejay and 1 other person like this.
  6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I like the second pic.... so many nice designs and color schemes to do which will all work... its always so hard to pick one.

Archaon likes this.
  7. The lucky duck

The lucky duck Well-Known Member

Hi sackie

have you seen the graya brothers?
    Worth a google

8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yep I know them.

9. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Ok some scribles from me. very rough.

so this is a 3rd level entertainers level/media room/multi purpose room. Even an office space maybe. I can change anything around and all ideas are welcome. The only thing I want to stay is the kitchen/bar to be adjacat to the terrace and the bathroom needs to be on the opposite side due to plumbing. But the whole office/media space can be reconfigued to anything. Or if you have any other cool ideas for that level, i'm all ears.

@Westminster @Brady @Codie @@wylie

plan1.PNG

Last edited: 8th Feb, 2020
  10. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Is this a second kitchen? Main kitchen on another level?

11. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Its a second wetbar/kitchen on top level. I have fit everything else comfortably on the other 2 levels. I have free reign on this level really. Its going to be another entertaining area.

12. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

Bowling Alley

13. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

haha I can imagine people coming through and having a bowl on open day :D

Archaon likes this.
  14. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Then I’d keep it as a second living area. If you think the house needs an office I’d put it on the other side to where you’ve shown it - but with stairs in the centre there’s nowhere to put couches for a cold or wet day.

If you already have a second living area with views would anyone come up to this (third?) level anyway?

My SIL has great views from a large living room upstairs but nobody ever goes up there because they have similar views on the lower level with the main kitchen nearby. They only ever use that extra space when my MIL stays and she has a bathroom and kitchenette up there.

If this sounds like how this would be used on your development perhaps make it a home gym, dedicated movie room or something that the potential buyer may want and use.

Friends of ours have an upstairs living room that the kids used to watch TV (kid’s bedrooms were up there) and city views were superb but small kitchenette meant the only time we sat up there we carried everything up the stairs from the main kitchen. It just didn’t work.

Sackie likes this.
  15. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Thanks Wylie. Yes we already have a second living area. This is really an entertaining area which fronts the quiet street. We have another entertaining area on the other strrrrt frontage which is a little noiser. Yes I was thinking of a gym and media/movie room. Also that bar is really for drinks and to compliment the outdoor Alfresco for entertaining. So they're no need to carry all the drinks from down to up. It's not really meant for food. Also they'll be a coffee machine in there. See pic attached. Possibly something like this or similar. The bar will be next to the alfresco.

This layout of three levels is the best way we can work with the slope of the land and boundary angles. Views are all captured from big open Deck other side of house. I'll post all the floorplans soon. Just wanted some ideas for this level.

Screenshot_20200208-081158.png

Leeroy93, Archaon and wylie like this.
  16. Coxy89

Coxy89 Well-Known Member

One suggestion that we are using for our door onto the deck outside, change the bifold to a slider door and have it slide the opposite way behind the bathroom wall.

Could be slightly complicated because the deck is a bit shorter but its a neater way for the doors to be stored when open.

Allkind Joinery do some good doors like this

[​IMG]

Archaon, wylie and Sackie like this.
  17. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Thanks @Coxy89

18. Leeroy93

Leeroy93 Well-Known Member

Would there be a market for a guest bedroom/carer room? It could be a popular option for the down-sizer market. Multi-purpose room could be retro-fitted to include a fold-down bed and also act as a media room. Is there a way you can position it in such a way to leave it flexible to end buyers? I also personally like the idea for a fully-dedicated office space as they are often an after-thought.

19. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

We have a guest bedroom on the main level :)

20. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

So tell me what rooms are on the other levels and I'll come up with some thoughts for the palatial party pad on the top floor :p

Leeroy93 and Archaon like this.