Image Property Management - Qld

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by HaveAgo, 7th Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. HaveAgo

HaveAgo Member

Hi, I am looking at changing property manager for property in the Logan area and was looking at Image Property as a possible choice. I have read some feedback on them from previous posts dating back to August, 2017 but was wondering whether anyone has has more recent feedback on their service?

2. R&E

R&E Member

Hi HaveAgo,
    I have no experience with Image Property but I have just started using Ray White in Marsden, it’s early days but their communication with me regarding the IP with phone calls/ emails has been exceptional so far.

3. HaveAgo

HaveAgo Member

Thank you R & E. I'm sure they will work out fine but unfortunately I have found that normally the early days are the best and it rarely lasts, especially if the office has high staff turnover.If possible, I would like to get some feedback on Image Property from someone who has been using them for a while.

4. SuzyG

SuzyG Well-Known Member

Which office were you speaking to?
    I spoke to the Fortitude Valley team this week and they certainly had good stats - low vacancy etc.

5. HaveAgo

HaveAgo Member

Hi Suzy, I was talking to their Business Development manager who is based in Aspley. They certainly sound good & look good (web site details , etc) but like anything, the proof of the pudding is in the tasting! that is why I was hoping to get feedback from owners who have some experience with them and how they handle the various issues that inevitably come up with an IP over time.

6. SuzyG

SuzyG Well-Known Member

I often think the 'proof is in the pudding' so to speak... as in the statistics speak volumes.
    What are their vacancy rates, rental arrears and days to lease percentages.

If systems & processes are good, then it should be reflected in these numbers.

7. HaveAgo

HaveAgo Member

I agree that statistics are valuable but at the end of the day they are just numbers. To me it is the people in the organisation & how they interact with both tenants & me that I am trying to get feedback on.

PinkPanther and Pumpkin like this.
  8. SuzyG

SuzyG Well-Known Member

108 google reviews at 4.6 stars...

A quick scroll thru looks like all investors have given then 5 stars... a few low star ratings from tenants but always take these with a pinch of salt without hearing both sides of the stories.

Hopefully someone on PC has had some real interaction and can give you more detailed info but this level of high reviews is a good sign.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  9. HaveAgo

HaveAgo Member

Thanks Suzy, yes, it would be good to hear first hand from some members who have had long term dealings with them. Thanks again for taking the time to research, much appreciated.

10. SuzyG

SuzyG Well-Known Member

My pleasure!

11. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

Image Property Aspley look after one of my ip's
    I was originally with another agency but Image bought the rent roll and i decided to give them a go. I haven't got a complaint about them at all. They do their job, they answer my calls and they do as I ask and as i expect....cant ask for much more. A tenant wanted to break lease a few months ago and they found a replace tenant quickly and managed the process and communicated very well.

It really comes down to your individual PM whether you get a good service or not.....and they change often. I wouldn't recommend an our of area agent, go with someone local. There's always a couple of good local options.

Last edited: 7th Sep, 2018
  12. HaveAgo

HaveAgo Member

Thanks Shady, I agree. Have found that if dealing with a good PM in a professional office with proper systems and procedures the result has been positive but that can change quickly if there is a PM change. I have no problem paying required fees if services are provided as they should be. A good PM can make a real difference to the ongoing cash flow and property value.

13. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I gave them a poor rating when their computer recently surveyed me. My tenant didnt like the PM who made several mistakes, one of which caused the tenant a big problem with his employment. They made several mistakes in one year. Their accounting isn't the best, there is no parking in front of the office.

14. HaveAgo

HaveAgo Member

Thanks Angel

15. GeorgeStrathos

GeorgeStrathos Member

I think Image property is a little far out for a property in Logan.

There's lots of professionals in the area. Tom Rivera comes to mind

16. HaveAgo

HaveAgo Member

Thanks George, I will contact Tom Rivera as well.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  17. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Thanks George!

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  18. Looking4PM

Looking4PM Active Member

I know it's three years old thread. I wonder if anyone got new update regarding Image Property Management. Thanks

19. Michael Mitchell

Michael Mitchell Property Manager

Chris Au likes this.
  20. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

I've been with @Tom Rivera for coming up to 4 years now on my 3 personal properties and very happy with the service.

Michael Mitchell likes this.