NSW Illawarra likely to see growth in below $600,000 properties: HTW

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Chilliblue, 23rd Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Illawarra in NSW has seen reasonable growth in the past 12 to 18 months in all sectors and there is a sense in the market that it will continue, particularly in the below $600,000 section of the market, according to recent sales and agents’ advice, say Herron Todd White in their March property clock.

Link.

Happy Days for those us who invested in the area.

ellejay and RenegadeDom like this.
  2. Rich W

Rich W Well-Known Member

You could pretty much say that for most of Outer Sydney suburbs as well though... I'm not an investor but I don't think anyone has gone bad if you bought anything in and around Sydney 4 years or more ago. The key will be when interest rates rise and see if the Gong falls more than Western Sydney?

3. RenegadeDom

RenegadeDom Well-Known Member

I was quite surprised with a recent valuation that came in from my REA on an IP I purchased approximately 9 months ago in the Gong. The property has already increased in value by over $50k, albeit I think I did get it for a good price at the time. Glad I made to switch to invest down there, looking away from the craziness that was the Sydney market at the time.

Chilliblue likes this.
  4. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

I bought down there over a year ago and seem to have had some good gains. Hope it continues :)

Chilliblue likes this.