NSW if you got 800 k budget

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by samiam, 12th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tinaandalex

Tinaandalex Well-Known Member

Thanks Melbournian, it makes sense. I tried to ring council but found it hard to even get to the relevant department. I've been asked to talk to the planning department but they don't know anything about renting/leasing rules. Council website doesnt give much info either ....
    Also if we'd like to explore the dual dwelling opportunity, who/where should I start if I'd like to understand about the applicable regulations?
    regards,
    Tina

2. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

that is more sub division etc. but if you are going down that path, it is more worthwhile to build a townhouse as oppose to having a granny flat as the subdivision fees outweight the benefits of having granny flat. There are many people who rent out granny flats irrespective if you see on gumtree, again that is at that own risk.

3. Tinaandalex

Tinaandalex Well-Known Member

What I meant was dual dwelling on one title, ie. two detached duplexes under one roof. Someone mentioned about the fire isolation requirement but I'm sure there're far more than that.

4. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

dual dwelling not dual occupancy?, you still need a council approval with the appropriate permits. There are many companies that specialize in these forms of installs.

Granny Flats Melbourne | Granny Flats Victoria