Food & Dining Ice cream

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by jins13, 10th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mombius Hibachi

Mombius Hibachi Well-Known Member

There's a place in Albert Park in Melbourne called Jocks. Best. Totally the best 1st date place.

Used it a few times now, always a winner!

2. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

Haven't found a gelato bar that can beat Messina yet. It's just awesome. Worth every cent

3. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Go to NZ - drive the back roads from Auckland down to Taupo - find this little corner shop in the middle of nowhere and order a massive triple icecream cone for $1 - so big you were stuffed after eating it ... NZ icecream ... mmmmmmm ... best childhood memories ever!

4. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Messina was in the noodle markets last night. There were some other desserts/ice cream on offer but too full to try them. Didn't get to try out many of the food stands but really busy and buzzing. Really liked the good old whisky section with complementary cookies for every drink sale.

For me in Baskin Robbins, it has to be the strawberry cheesecake ice cream. I still like the good old NZ Natural as well but prefer the thick shake than the scoops.

Attached Files:

EN710 likes this.
  5. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Lennox Heads - $6 if I recall correctly for two scoops. By scoops, I mean really huge serves - in a cup so you don't loose any. Local brand, delicious, with real fruit in it.

6. Daniel007

Daniel007 Well-Known Member

Gelatio messina is my pick

7. Tillie

Tillie Well-Known Member

Coles branded ice creams in tubes are actually really good value for money. Cookies and cream and rum and raising flavours especially. Much better than many 'name brand' and much cheaper

8. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

We went to the Planetarium at Mt Coot-tha a few months back, middle of winter (so we had to put on a jumper :p) and afterwards had a gelato at Gelateria Cremona at Rosalie. I highly recommend it. They were fairly busy for what was a fairly un-busy area at that time of night.

9. Jamie_

Jamie_ Well-Known Member

10. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Currently devouring the Aldi version of Mint Choc-Chop Cornetto's.

11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

12. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Whisk is excellent, so is gusto gelato. BothPretty different styles but of a high quality. Gusto has a widet array of gelatos but whisk has more non ice cream stuff too and plated desserts

13. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

:eek:
    In that case my guess is Whisk will provide the great calories:eek:, this I s totally out of this world, from what I can see.
    But I am just going to have to try both. Yum

14. Jamie_

Jamie_ Well-Known Member

To be honest, I didn't rate Gusto, when we went to the one in leederville we wished we'd just gone over to Whisk instead. I believe it was also more expensive at gusto too?

15. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

Maggie Beer ice cream is the best I've tried.. I could eat a bucket of the burnt fig ice cream in one go.

vtt and Chrispy like this.
  16. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Lol. I wouldn't expect you to goto another place Mombius...

17. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

I wonder where he would go if his date was a fitness and health freak!?

18. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

No, couldn't be good if the dates never worked out.......... (otherwise, who would you keep going back for first dates) :eek::)

The Y-man

19. Vultures

Vultures Well-Known Member

I'm surprised with all the Messina faves, I went to the Richmond one in Melbourne and found it overpriced and nothing particularly memorable other than they stick a lot of things in their ice cream to presumably justify the price/hype. Like banana bread pieces in the banana ice cream - it sounds better than it really is.
    I used to always go to Fremantle for the pistachio icecream at one of the fish and chip places (Kailis or Cicerello's, can't remember which). Yumm!

20. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

I think gusto is great but by sheer volume of the amount of new flavours they try and the wide range of flavours they arrnt going to please everyone all the time. Worth a second go imo.

Everything is literally made onsite throughout the day so gelato texture is perfect as has never been frozen solid and lots of effort goes in. Eg with their apple pie ice cream they get the pies from a friend of mine (megan fron littlesweet baking) who is easily among the best bakers in this state and takes no shorcuts. Everything in their product is of top quality where possible.

No thickeners; veg fat, high overrun etc like commercial ice creams