Humble beginnings

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Meeds, 17th Oct, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Agree.

I've been preaching this from day 1 on the forums. Most dismiss it. Some who feel threatened, ridicule and attack. Few acknowledge it. And even fewer are willing to take action and make the changes.

Whatever your goals are in life, adopting and maintaining an optimal mindset as much as possible is absolutely crucial and will give you the greatest chance to achieve your goals. I'm 120% certain about this. The 3 essential pillars for success to me are 1. Mindset, 2, knowledge, and 3. Action.

I know you know and practice this @skater :)

lixas4 and skater like this.
  2. AsburyJuke

AsburyJuke Well-Known Member

Agree mindset is critical - for me it's important to balance confidence vs humility, optimism vs planning for a "likely worst case scenario".

Need to be honest with yourself too.

I'd also add that it's important to understand your risk appetite, and not get carried away.

Sackie likes this.
  3. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I feel that it's much more important for those on low incomes. Well, to get started, I mean. Anybody on a high income can go out and throw money on a property or two. Of course, that doesn't mean that they don't need the right mindset, but starting the journey is easier with higher incomes.

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I agree. Though I can't tell you how many people I know on big incomes...really big incomes...who blow a lot of it, are renting or they own one ppor and no other assets. That in its self is perfectly fine. The thing is, they say owning more real estate is too risky...what if it crashes....or the tenants destroy the place..

And my favourite.. pre boom a bunch of folks were trying to tell me how expensive real estate was and they're waiting for prices to drop.....

craigc likes this.
  5. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know a few of those types too. I suppose if you're on really big income, and you don't mind working until you retire, you'll have plenty in your super to get by on.....if you at least own a PPOR.

6. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Humble beginnings welcome here. Just try not to get too big for your boots, as above. :rolleyes: