How’s Business Going?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by MTR, 18th Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Curious? For Anyone who owns a business

Last 2 odd years, have you been able to survive and grow, keep your head above water???

We rarely hear from business owners on this forum.

gman65 likes this.
  2. datto

datto Well-Known Member

we're going great.

[​IMG]

lol

sanj, Sannie and Scott No Mates like this.
  3. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

I guess the response would be highly industry specific.
    We sold our business a few years back, gym and fitness equipment supply, still own the commercial property they operate out of though so kind of still attached.
    They went absolutely crazy during Covid, even though it was already a hot industry prior.
    Really glad to be out of it, don't need the huge stress that comes with business and don't need the money, so there were absolutely no upsides to stay in it.

I really feel for food type businesses, these businesses are tough even in good times.
    It's an uphill battle with them.

charttv and Sackie like this.
  4. Rooky

Rooky Well-Known Member

A friend owns 2 liquors stores and knows many other owners in Perth. Business has been booming for all of them like crazy.

charttv and freyja like this.
  5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

My foodie tenants (wholesale) didn't have issues until mid 2021, some received rent relief others had increases delayed, those with exposure to the building industry were a mixed bag as well with one posting it's first loss in 50 odd years.

6. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

My practice is travelling well. A busy year ahead.

Sackie likes this.
  7. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

Business has been very strong in the past 2 years, particularly in the past 6-8 months.
    I'm exhausted tbh and I'm looking forward to the expected slowdown as interest rates rise.

Sackie likes this.
  8. Mulianto

Mulianto ~~

Recycling, plastic now paper also. You have no idea the amount of packaging you throw away, no recession (reduction in volume) ever

9. Investor1111

Investor1111 Well-Known Member

Media doesnt cover the effect IR rises has on small business aswell i noticed. But only the extra repayments that will have to be made each month / cost of living & inflation increases blah blah blah, and in turn speculating on how this impact property prices.

What % of loans make up business vs commercial / resi real estate debt in Aus i wonder?

IR rises for small / large business has a greater effect on the economy than property? Overheads are higher -> bottom line is reduced -> Staff cutbacks -> increased unemployment? Business with high debt become insolvent. Why is there no mentions of this in the media? Only real estate and the same rhetoric being repeated over and over.

oracle and MTR like this.
  10. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Because there are more property owners than business owners and makes the bigger impact on news?

11. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

Definitely trying to rebuild things in my industry but the constant rain has made things difficult.