How to make money from unused land in Low density residential zone

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Kidgeeq, 7th Feb, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Kidgeeq

Kidgeeq Active Member

Hey Folks,

I’ve got a 1acre property in Melton. Currently has a house on it that takes up only 311smq

The rest of the space is entirely unused.

It’s zoned Low Density Reisdential. It’s only a few minutes from a commercial zone.

I would like some ideas as to how I can make more money from it.

I was considering subdivision, motel, caravan park, holiday homes etc (I’m open to any ideas on how to generate more money from the unused land)

The block is a corner block and plenty to work with. My only constrain here is the zoning.

Any sugggestions on ways to make more money from the land?

Cheers,

392A9009-0B7A-43A4-8779-5EE125DC7997.jpeg B7DCCD97-F2BF-484C-AC48-2ED1D4A83396.jpeg 244086C7-D020-443A-93BE-78A32D76BDFD.png

2. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

Check with council on what is allowed
    1. Rent out small sections of the land to tiny house people. You could put one yourself and offer as an unique airbnb choice.
    2. A hydroponic farm that grows high value crops and supply to local restaurants and shops
    3. Buy some used shipping containers, put a fence around them and a separate entrance. Some CCTV and card-based gate entry and voila you have a storage solution
    3. This option doesn't answer your question but why not carve out land you don't need, subdivide and sell to reduce debt in a falling market?

Nice house by the way.

Kidgeeq and scientist like this.
  3. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Child Care Centre.

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

• Rooms by the hour
    • Love motel

Kidgeeq and Ben_j like this.
  5. MRO

MRO Well-Known Member

From my limited experience any low density area has many properties in the same situation but all face other zoning restrictions which would stop almost all of the suggestions above. I think a good place to start would be your Shire or City zoning and see what restrictions exists and then search opportunities in those fields that arent restricted. As a boring suggestion, is horse agistment a possibility?

Kidgeeq and qak like this.
  6. scientist

scientist Well-Known Member

lol high value crops sounds like the winner

Kidgeeq likes this.

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.