How to find listing date & Assorted questions?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Mark0001, 17th May, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Mark0001

Mark0001 Member

HI All,

I've searched the forum but can't seem to find the answers to my questions,
    Looking at buying but have limited funds (around $750k budget) & trying to get into Melb South East With the current market I was thinking about waiting a couple of months then putting a few lowball offers in on a places that would normally be a little bit outside my budget.

So I'm hoping someone can help with advising;
    1. How do you find the date a property is listed?
    2. How do you find the recent sale price i.e. the 6 most recent sales in Paskdale don't have the price. https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/...?activeSort=solddate&includeSurrounding=false
    Or do I just need to ring the agents ?
    3. What sites do you use for finding a property ? I'm currently using realeastate.com.au
    4. Are agents still obligated to present all offers to the vendors ?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers
    Mark

2. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Pricefinder or RP data will have days on the market. You will need to get a subscription for those... unless someone here has an alternate recommendation.

3. Biggbird

Biggbird Well-Known Member

I find that often Domain has the date of first listing in very fine print somewhere on the page. I often have to scroll around for a while to find it. Sometimes I can't find it though, which is weird.

Regarding the contact agent business, yep, you're gonna have to give them a call in my experience. If you wait for long enough (2-3 months), the prices will be available via Domain, Propertyvalue, Onthehouse etc, but it won't help you in the short term.

Best of luck!

4. noobinator

noobinator Active Member

1. Domain.com.au and realestate.com.au publish this data on the ad for each house, typically. For example, see the below image taken from a Domain lisitng, taken from here: 5 Hotham Street, Seddon VIC 3011 | Domain
    upload_2020-5-17_21-37-58.png
    Domain also include that same text for sold houses, eg: Sold 7 Ridge Road, Oak Park VIC 3046 on 08 May 2020 - 2016218633 | Domain
    upload_2020-5-17_21-39-48.png

These links may also be helpful for you, to ascertain historical prices:
    PriceData.Properties
    Old Real Estate Listings

2. The agents may not tell you the price. A trick, though slightly technical, is to run a search of sold results from Domain. Then you manually can edit the URL to manipulate the price range and narrow down a result.
    EG. Simply looking for all sold results in Seddon under $1.1 mill
    671 Properties Sold & Auction Results in Seddon, VIC, 3011 | Domain
    upload_2020-5-17_21-44-43.png
    Shows this house from Biggin Scott where they chose not to disclose a sold price. By manually changing the sold price range I can narrow down the sold price to a small range. In this case, I manually changed the URL to a price range of 1.095mill to 1.095mill and it's the only result left, confirming it sold for exactly 1.095mill:
    1 Property Sold & Auction Results in Seddon, VIC, 3011 | Domain
    upload_2020-5-17_21-50-20.png

Good luck with your house search!

Biggbird and The Y-man like this.
  5. olofmeister

olofmeister Active Member

domain will show original listed price and date for a bit on a property report even after it's sold
    most statements of info can still be recovered
    i focking hate realestate.com because it annoyingly redirects you when you try to use google cache on it but a quick anti-redirect script should do the trick to find the old listing

6. Biggbird

Biggbird Well-Known Member

Thanks @noobinator, I had forgotten there was some way to search for sold prices via Domain, and I didn't know how to do it quite so effectively either. Great post!