How to evict neighbours NSW please help

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by dp18400, 18th Oct, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. dp18400

dp18400 Member

Hi,

I have been living in my mortgage home with my family for decades and are living next to a house that is rented by disrespectful people who have caused me so many issues over the many years.

Because we never speak back and say anything so not to cause drama they take this as an opportunity to bully us and cuss and disrespect us with language and verbal abuse. They have done damage to my home before by breaking a window of our home and cutting off the plans on the side of our home. They used to also complain and trespass into our land and bang on our doors and yell etc about our small dog when they have dogs of their own that bark into the night. This morning they yelled over from their house stating that our rubbish bin should not be on the side of the driveway nearest to them and they also threatened us if we leave it this way.

I have never had a problem with these things and they are not even against the law, they just dislike us and find anyway to make our lives miserable. I have spoken to the police and they only issued a warning and nothing else. I have been pleading for many years for them to be evicted and I cannot take this anymore.

We are a good family and should not have to deal with the fear and concern that they will damage our house in some way when there is nobody home.

If you have any advice on how to help me evict them out of their home I really need it. I need these people gone and out of my life.

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Buy the property and become the landlord

Bender12, Hetty, TMNT and 3 others like this.
  3. The Gambler

The Gambler Well-Known Member

My mate had the neighbours from hell and they decided to sell and move. Reckons it's the best decision they ever made and wish they'd done it sooner. Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war.

Ryan23, mitsui, The Y-man and 4 others like this.
  4. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

File charges with the police and send them directly to the landlord as well as the PM.
    If you don't know how to get those details, ask on here.

5. dp18400

dp18400 Member

The police have had complaints from us and all they’ve done is issue a warning and nothing else. How do I find the details of the landlord and the PM?

6. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Some councils tell you. Or a title search.

7. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

search the address on google and see who last advertised the property

craigc and TMNT like this.
  8. spludgey

The police part isn't the important part, it's passing the information on to the PM and the owner.
    Do a title search or find someone with RPData or the like (Real estate agents will have access to it) to get a mailing address. Send your existing police reports to them.

9. dp18400

dp18400 Member

How do I get existing police reports?

10. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

They would have given you a complaint number when you filed it.
    Googling the address will give you pm details based on when it was last advertised for rent.

11. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

You may wish to use covert recording devices to assist to prove your complaints. A night vision and motion detection camera with mic is best used BUT putting one up may inflame the situation.

A small camera that may suit : COP CAM Security Camera Motion Detection 16/ 32GB Card Night Vision Recorder CO | eBay

Police and council will also likely require a diary log of all events.
    With this you can likely consider them being charged for their conduct and being held accountable. For example if they threaten you a order for a apprehended violence may limit someone being able to access their rented property !! But it can also inflame a bad situation.

TMNT likes this.
  12. spludgey

You get a copy when you file one!

13. dp18400

dp18400 Member

I have never been given one. Do you think if I went down to the local police station and asked for them they would give it to me?

14. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

sure will.

ellejay likes this.
  15. dp18400

dp18400 Member

I’ve tried looking online for information about the landlord or the PM. Are there any tips? I don’t know how to do it mostly been just typing in the address and there’s only little information on the realestate.com.au website and that’s about it

16. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

You sure they rent?

TMNT likes this.
  17. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Maybe not. They may only quote the call ID or case #.
    Police information isnt always for sharing. And the fact you logged a issue doesnt mean it is a valid compliant or key details were agreed with as an offence. All disputes have two sets of facts and that why courts must decide which they believe. Unless something proceeds to a conviction it is just a complaint. They may have closed the case with a comment "neighbour is a nutter" and not wish you to see that.

You may find you need keep records over time incl dates, times and call references

Disputes and how to resolve them

Always consider your personal safety. An unhinged neighbour could be dangerous to you, your family, pets and your property. ACA has regular stories about these issues and some are quite confronting and violent.

Ryan23 likes this.
  18. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

Definitely tell the landlord. I had a complaint from housing about tenants of mine in the past and I gave them notice immediately. They were causing havoc, noise etc.

19. spludgey

Random property here, but you can see who advertised it for rent last.
    Property Report for 5 Adelaide Street, West Beach WA 6450

upload_2019-10-18_12-23-36.png

Archaon likes this.
  20. dp18400

dp18400 Member

The thing is I’m worried if I do take this up to the police or the landlord and they receive a warning. This may come back to bite me as my family could be in danger if they become angry with the result.