How to choose the right lounge?

Discussion in 'Styling & Decorating' started by ATANG, 22nd Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

I saw this lovely L shape lounge that I really really like... but I am scared if it's too big for my one bedder. :(

So the lounge is 2.73m wide by 1.68m length at the chaise side. My room is 5.4m wide by 4.9m, but this would include putting tv, dining table (probably 1m by 1.8m?), and a computer desk at the back of the sofa. Do you guys think it would be overwhelming to the space or you reckon it would be alright? I am thinking of putting in the middle facing tv while dining table and computer are at the back.

Xenia likes this.
  2. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Do you have a rough floor plan?
    Try to plot it on the plan the way you want them to be arranged, then in the room, use measurement tape to get realistic distance e.g. from tv to sofa etc.

3. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

Yeah, I drawn it on the plan according to the scale.... Does it look too crowded to you?

Attached Files:

4. SeafordSunshine

SeafordSunshine Well-Known Member

Looks too big to me! the only option you have is in the middle of the room!
    I hope this helps!

5. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

It is in the middle of the room on the plan.

6. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Depends on the height of the sofa?

Any option to get a coffee table and eat dinner on it instead of the dining table?

7. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

WattleIdo likes this.
  8. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Might look a bit tight due to distance to the tv? If the sofa might move a bit more towards the back and assuming to is wall mounted?

My opinion tho. When you imagine that sofa in the roo. With the distance, does it work for you?

9. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Get some cardboard boxes and mock it up to size. A cheaper venture. I think it looks ok. That room is all about the couch, right?

10. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Doesn't look too big to me. As long as you can get around without knocking your legs. Big furniture looks great in small spaces as long as you keep it simple.

Xenia likes this.
  11. JenW

JenW Well-Known Member

Oooh that IS nice Atang.... We've been admiring Nick Scali's furniture for a while now - just need the new house to be built to put it in!

Jess Peletier likes this.
  12. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

Thats what I think.. but my friend said it's definitely too big and awkward for the space. I thought if I put a cozy lovely coach with chaise in, it would make the whole small space more cozy and more seatings...

When I tried imaging it, i think it would work... i just need to find a narrow dining table and narrow L shape computer desk (so hard to find). I am thinking if it would be practical if I get a long narrow dining table and have half of it used for my computer and work... lol... Thing is I need a lot of space work office work, with storage for folders etc... Gives a bit of headache...

Xenia likes this.
  13. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

LOL, yeah, I was thinking of just getting ikea ones but the moment i sat on Nick Scali's one, omg.... its 100 times better and you feel the quality. Not to mention it's got sale now...

14. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

Another option is to just get a two seater..... Like this but then I really wish to have the chaise lol

Attached Files:

15. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Xenia likes this.

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.