How much bad debt do you have?

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by JohnPropChat, 15th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

How much bad(unsecured) debt do you have?

1. < $10k

92 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. $10k to $25k

8 vote(s)
    6.8%
  3. $25k to $50k

8 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. $50k+

9 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

Good luck with your Ubud Venture. Interesting feeling - running out of cash in the last minute.

the ME frank credit card has a cash advance rate of 11.99% :p, probably one of the best cards to have for emergencies. No fees low rate card.

Bayview likes this.
  2. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

High personal income or automatic card limit increases? Either way, that's a biig chunk. Time to consolidate debt with a low interest personal loan or 0% balance transfer perhaps and pay it down?

3. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

definitely not high income!!

4. Handyandy

Handyandy Well-Known Member

Our C/C limits run up to about $50k but all our balances are paid off each month not the the balances even approach the limits.

Even to buy some plane tickets out of Oz will cost you around $5k for 2 so you need substantial limits on the card.

I recently obtained a '28 Degrees' card not because I needed another card but they offer a much better international exchange rate deal. The exchange rates are close to the real exchange rates at the time of purchase and there are no bank fees associated.

Don't really regard it as bad debt as we never carry the debt.

hobo and Beano like this.
  5. Joshwaaaa

Joshwaaaa Well-Known Member

No c/c (anymore), and got my first car loan ever just yesterday ($11k) as we unexpectedly needed to buy a 7 seater car for the misses, So werent really able to plan ahead for this one. We will knock it over within the year though

6. skater

skater Well-Known Member

We have no bad debt. Zero, nada, nothing, zilch. We do have a C/C which rarely gets used. It's currently got a credit balance.

7. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

We've got $7k in credit cards. One card which we use and a second as a backup in case the first is lost or restricted. They're the minimum limit the banks would allow.

It took 13 years, but we recently paid off our PPOR loan. The only non-deductible debt we hold is the credit cards.

We're about to rebuild our house, so there's going to be a significantly amount of non-deductible debt coming up. I plan to pay this off as quickly as possible. It'll easily be gone in 10 years, probably a lot less.

JohnPropChat likes this.
  8. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Not a situation I'd be too happy with but one thing is I do admire your balls and never say die attitude

9. pwnitat0r

pwnitat0r Well-Known Member

$0.

Don't even have a credit card. I gotta thank CBA for that.

They cancelled all my accounts one Friday/Saturday, including my internet banking and left me unable to transfer money beteen accounts to withdraw for a weekend. They made a "commercial decsision" to close my accounts.