How long for bank valuation

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by balwoges, 13th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

I have accepted an offer for my house [8 weeks settlement] which will have to be valued by buyers bank - how long does the bank take to do these valuations, 1 or 2 weeks?

I suspect the buyer will try to string out the time between now and exchange because he does not want to settle until 1st July so he can sell shares [to part fund purchase] and not have to pay CGT this years tax return. Aaaaagh :eek:

2. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

It depends.

I always order upfront valuations. So if a client has an offer accepted - the first thing we do is order the val. So the val might happen the day after the offer is accepted.

If an upfront valuation isn't available - then we need to wait until the bank has assessed the loan. That could take anywhere between 1 day to two weeks! All depends on the bank and their turnaround times.

This assuming a FULL val is required - some lenders will go off a desktop.

Cheers

Jamie

3. Shahin_Afarin

Shahin_Afarin Residential and Commercial Broker Business Member

Depends on a number of things and lenders. If the LVR is 80% then some lenders will go off the Contract of Sale.

Some will do a kerbside valuation which is quicker.

If its a full valuation then this is normally 5-7 days give or take but you are somewhat at the mercy of the vendor/landlord.

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF