How far is brisbane from a boom

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by JDP1, 26th Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
?

When will brisbane show double digit growth

Poll closed 23rd Jan, 2020.
  1. within 1 year

20 vote(s)
    13.7%
  2. after a few years

49 vote(s)
    33.6%
  3. sometime in 5-7 years

33 vote(s)
    22.6%
  4. 10 years plus

13 vote(s)
    8.9%
  5. not this cycle- whenever the next cycle comes around

17 vote(s)
    11.6%
  6. never- once a country town, always a country town

14 vote(s)
    9.6%
  1. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Well-Known Member

Yeah only time will tell, let's check back in 5 years to see who was right

melbournian likes this.
  2. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

Who talked anything about a boom ? Some random said he saw Chinese in Brisbane and claimed they were there for coffee lol. All this talk is like 3 years ago about booming

To be honest have u bought any property at all? All these theories for once in maybe hundreds of ur posts show me some strategy how to make money rather than always talking abt Chinese.

Last edited by a moderator: 8th Feb, 2018
  3. Kangabanga

Kangabanga Well-Known Member

"but the ones with the real money the 富二代 to bring Brisbane price bracket to the next level"
    you seem to be very specific referring to the progeny of Chinese being the ones to be bringing the Brisbane price bracket to the next level and not other asians...

earlier in this thread, aren't u using chinese as well by saying Brisbane would need them to "bring the price bracket: to the next level?

I am not a property investor strictly speaking (I do own some property stocks though) but rather a value stock investor and have been very transparent with this, on my many posts since days on Somersoft. Be happy to show you how to make money if you ever are interested in value stock investing, just PM me.

With regards to property, I do own a PPOR in Brisbane which @keriank whom I met at various auctions around the place, helped me purchase last year :D

4. Patrick Bateman

You really are slow on the uptake aren't you ? It was sarcasm , the inference being that they were there to bid/buy not for the free coffee.

5. melbournian

well I was being sarcastic too. the only thing slow is that 0.4% and how long it is taking

6. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Uhhh.... heads up... this is another long thread thats been around a while that has sub conversations. While I've only partly been paying attention, (for reasons such as, I probably read the inital parts of it a few weeks ago), I couldn't detect the sarcasm, and i'm probably not the only one. It's very easy to be too subtle and unless you put a lot of things like these :confused::cool::rolleyes:o_O I'll guarantee a lot of people will miss it.

7. melbournian

well congrats on that PPOR as for Chinese it was purely answering a question and citing an example based on what he said the poster asked. I don't blame the chinese at every opportunity like yourself - not sure maybe you got dumped by a Chinese in the past ? or you wanted that LV bag you couldn't get? haha

Sorry i didn't realize we are on a stock forum as oppose to property. think i missed ur posts since whenever you talked is always about chaos or Chinese - and nothing about how to generate wealth. Nah is fine - if you ever need to actually buy an IP and learn how to achieve 7 figures through property, you can pm me too.

8. Patrick Bateman

I am sorry but if anyone missed the sarcasm in me saying Chinese are going to auctions for the free coffee then they are beyond help ...

9. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

You need to expand your mind, and also go for a few drives, even in Syd, dev costs and councils etc drive most of it.

You can easily buy new homes with land, not units, for 600k ish, or say 700, and they aint running out of them in syd, prob build costs driven a lot of it

10. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Most likely, cheap *******os

11. Patrick Bateman

12. melbournian

Looks like u need to Stick to ur own race and stop randomly quoting me over some articles over some percentage points - I feel there are opportunities that are much better that what u bought but too lazy to argue with u to only get pulled up by the mods for being childish

13. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

14. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

According to realestate.com.au, the median house price in our BCC suburb has gone up 50% in five years, or 8.5% p.a. compounded.

Maybe not a exactly a boom, but not complaining.

Brisbane covers a huge area. As always, there are markets within markets.
    Marg

wylie, Toon and kierank like this.
  15. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

Told you it is coming.

Get in now before it is too late!!!

16. Patrick Bateman

Good , my houses are in Indooroopilly primary and high school catchments

kierank likes this.
  17. QldKoolies

QldKoolies Well-Known Member

More Brisbane boom threads, quick buy before all the houses run out!

Seriously though, stinky properties are stinking but good properties continue to sell quick and for great prices. In Mar-Sep I thought Bris was in denial and waited eagerly for the summer cycle to see how it went. Im not sure Bris is in denial at all, I think it was just a cool winter and summer has shown this to sellers and agents, get ready for a good year in Bris.

kierank likes this.
  18. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Btisbane is not in denial. Brisbane is confused. Doesnt know where it wants to be, doesnt know the importance (if much) of mining , thry know its not going to be the same as before but dont know how much to rely and if and how much to focus on in the future...they will get there with time and trial and error...and the path for where they want to be will become clearer.

19. QldKoolies

QldKoolies Well-Known Member

I was kind of meaning as far officially within the cycle, but not doubt there are confused brisbanites everywhere.