How do you work through financing roadblocks?

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by qonyx_sydney, 7th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. qonyx_sydney

qonyx_sydney Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone,

I had my revaluations that were completed for a granny flat construction loan and I'm pleased with how the valuations came back with however due to the tightening of lending it seems as though my current lender is not willing to extend additional funds to purchase more property.

As below is a snapshot of my portfolio
    3 properties
    Current Market Value - $1.98M
    Outstanding Loans - $1.60M

I'm wondering if some of the more experienced guys on here can shed some light how they are able to work through financing blocks? Is it just a matter of doing a scatter gun approach with a mortgage broker until i find a lender that is willing to extend finance or should i be thinking about my position.

I'm really keen to go for the next one but am a bit disapointed that I've hit this roadblock.

Appreciate the forum's wisdom on this one.....

Thanks,
    Q

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

You are highly leveraged at just over 80% on a large total loan balance. Is it income that is holding you back or LVR?

3. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

A scatter gun approach with a mortgage broker is a bad idea - find a good broker and let them look at your situation. There may be lenders who can help - there are still variances in how much each lender will lend. There is not enough info here to let you know one way or the other.