How do I get a landlord to fix issues in a 2 year old investment property.

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Quetch, 3rd Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Quetch

Quetch New Member

Hi guys iv moved into a brand new investment property 2 years ago and still having issues of the landlord won't do any repairs what do I do?

First issue is the study nook benchtop is simply screwed into the dry wall and slowly separating from the wall since day 1 multiple requests and nothing back. Second issue is laundry door dosnt latch shut multiple requests nothing back. 3 issue is rendering is starting to chip of in places and still nothing.
    4th issue is new next door neighbour move in and given up arfter 7 months or repeated requests and silence of getting a new fence moved back into the property boundary line. Neighbour gave in paid property surveyor to map out property boundary and paid full cost for a new colorbond fence back to original boundary line.

What can I do to get the landlord to finally fix multiple issues and help the neighbour to get the landlord to split the cost of property surveyor and fence replacement.

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Send your land Lord multiple breach notices & take the tenancy matters to QCat.

If the neighbour hasn't followed the required notification process for fencing, they probably won't be successful in getting any payment.

wylie and qak like this.
  3. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Firstly, it is not your responsibility to help your neighbour get paid, that is strictly between him/her and the landlord. Don’t confuse the situation.

For the other issues, put them in writing and follow procedures set out by law. There should be a Rental Tenancy advisory board in your state who can offer correct advice.

wylie likes this.
  4. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

wylie likes this.