How countries spend money - interesting infographic

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by srirang, 18th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. THX

THX Well-Known Member

No I sound like the only person here who can read. Ill repeat myself for you.

I said and I quote myself: It's simple, if you have the money you get the best healthcare in the world in the U.S.

The U.S. is responsible for half the worlds new drugs, new clinical trials, new procedures. If you can afford to pay for it, you will receive the best care there in the world.

2. THX

THX Well-Known Member

The U.S. is responsible for half the worlds new drugs, new clinical trials, new procedures. These obviously don't come into existence freely and since the rest of us don't pay U.S. healthcare costs, that means the U.S. citizen is paying for this.

Last edited: 20th Sep, 2015
  3. Taku Ekanayake

Taku Ekanayake Well-Known Member

Russia spending it on the beluga caviar

Frazz likes this.
  4. Esel

Esel Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is true (no source) but it still doesnt mean that the wealthy in the US have the best healthcare in the world.

5. Kangabanga

Kangabanga Well-Known Member

well depends on what ails you and whether its surgical or medical.

The best gender reassignment surgeons happen to be in Thailand ;)

And only few countries allow euthanasia which could be considered the best form of healthcare for terminally ill patients.

But for most diseases you would probably have the latest treatment and highest standards of care in the States if you had lotsa cash..

6. Esel

Esel Well-Known Member

Why would the best treatment or standard of care be better in the US than germany or japan for instance?

7. THX

THX Well-Known Member

8. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

^^^ What he said.

My wife was a Theater Nurse in Cal for 3 years, and I can vouch for their system being "not the best" for the wider majority of citizens...

For most Americans, it is also very unaffordable as well; and the "co-pay" is horrific.

For eg; a basic appendectomy will see the average person out of pocket to the tune of approx $5k - if you have private medical insurance. :eek:

I will say though; if you have loads of dough, you can get well-looked after.

Interestingly; medical bills is close to the number one cause of bankruptcy in the USA.

Last edited: 21st Sep, 2015

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.