house hunting app

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by RogerP, 25th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

So I would just like to ask an open question about the best way to record your house hunting visits.

I'm currently on the search for a property. So I'm going to lots of different open homes.

The only problem is that after a few, it all kind of blurs into one and I can't quite remember. At the moment, I get home and record it all into a spreadsheet.

But tell you the truth it's hard to capture everything. For example, I generally like to take photos of certain features etc. Hard to put photos in a spreadsheet. Also, I have to upload the photos to my computer etc. and it can be hard to figure out which photo is which.

Does anyone know of some sort of nice easy app (preferably on Android but my wife has an iphone so that can work too) where you can just go to a house inspection, and it'll just let you compile all the information you want to jot down for that house in the one spot?

Kate likes this.
  2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

You could try using Trello for something like this - makes it really east to add photos and such as well.

There's the added benefit of having a great web / desktop app you can use to manage the data you collect in the field.

We use Trello for organising packing / todo lists for family trips, and it's also great for keeping notes of ideas for birthday / christmas presents for the kids - if I'm in a store and see something which I think the kids might like, I'll take a photo of the item and price and store it in Trello - only takes a few seconds. Storing links to data online works well too.

ashish1137 likes this.
  3. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

i am still using good old pen and paper. dont domain/realestate has a built in checkin / inspection function that does this for you ?

4. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

OneNote is an option, essentially an electronic, easily accessible and searchable notepad

5. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

I second trello.
    I have used it as an Agile tool. Way cheaper than those confluence and jira and gives better features and very fast and reliable.
    They are introducing pricing on some features though.

Regards

6. oracle

oracle Well-Known Member

Have you tried pDiary Android app?

Cheers,
    Oracle