House Considerations/Unit Considerations

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by chrisoooo, 9th May, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. chrisoooo

chrisoooo Member

Looking at purchasing another IP. Currently own unit in Syd and House in Sydney. Im looking at regional areas in NSW.

Im compiling my list of considerations for unit blocks which I have when I found my first IP. But I dont know particularly what to look for in houses for regional or coastal towns. So far after reading I have 50k plus populaion
    Developability options for the block
    3 plus bedrooms
    infrastructure in area
    close to town cbd

Anyone can add to my search requirments. Im staying away from fibro houses or is this ok to buy?

Thanks

2. David Shih

David Shih Mortgage Broker Business Member

Why regional NSW instead of metropolitan areas?

Unless you know what you're doing regional town can be dangerous investments. Looking at a case right now in regional VIC where an IP was bought in 2016 and today it's gone back $20K in value.

Not saying regional areas won't work, but I would be extra cautious and tread very very carefully.

Cheers,
    David

3. MK101

MK101 Well-Known Member

Sounds like exactly what I was asking about in another thread David. Can I ask which regional town?

4. David Shih

David Shih Mortgage Broker Business Member

Sent you a PM on this.

Cheers,
    David

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.