Home Alarms

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by neK, 19th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any recommendations for alarm repairers / servicing?

The house I live in has an alarm, but it's flashing different lights, so looking to get it fixed.

Thanks!

2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Can you remove the globe? :D

3. Charlotte30

Charlotte30 Well-Known Member

Inside the panel cover should be a contact number for service. Failing that google the brand and see who services that brand, In structions will also be in the manual if you have one. You may need the mastercodes to be able to clear the flashing lights.

4. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Codes I have. I can still arm the system by using the bypass feature, but that's only a temp fix.
    Its a DAS brand alarm, and im pretty sure it was installed by Chubb. But was hoping for some recommendations based on past experience.

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I use Safe and Secure - most systems are very similar.

6. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Most home alarms have a backup battery with a life of 5-8 years. When it goes the system will do wierd things and lights will flash on / off and the alarms may either fail or be 100% functional - Ours failed in middle of night and the alarm went off.

Provided you have the installer code and model number you can use phone to find an alarm person locally to come out and fix it. I had to use the installer written on the alarm. (They probably set all alarms to a common code that is not 0000 to force you to use them)
    My battery replacement cost $100 all up. While there he noted a long delay on the garage and suggested we drop it to a much faster response and checked motion sensors.