VIC Hillside, Plumpton or Rockbank?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by In-sight-ful, 21st Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. In-sight-ful

In-sight-ful Member

After selling my 1st home, am looking to buy a new Primary home for residence (3 Bed or 4 Bed). I would like to eventually rent this out (in a couple of years) and look at buying another property.

I have been looking at Hillside, Plumpton, and Rockbank. While Hillside has large blocks, and closer to where I want to live, the houses are fairly old & run down as well as have undesirable pockets. Plumpton, has newer properties, smaller land blocks but a lot of land for future expansion. Rockbank, on the other hand, seems to be going crazy! All the estate agents are recommending I buy here because of the huge potential. However, this is far from where I live and also am not convinced it has a good demographic mix. I suspect it could become a suburb for Indians, very soon.

Any insights on what you think will be a good balance of living as well as then investing, would be much appreciated.

2. MikeyBallarat

MikeyBallarat Well-Known Member

If it's a PPOR how about Sunbury? Cheaper than Hillside/Plumpton, and more local services. There's a station in the centre of town as well.

Westie likes this.
  3. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

Yeah another vote for Sunbury, then Hillside. Woodlea's overpriced nowadays, you've long missed the boat there.

Lions4Eva likes this.
  4. In-sight-ful

In-sight-ful Member

Thanks guys..What do you think of Burnside heights? @Westie @G TOWN

5. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

Three of my mates live in Burnside Heights and they love it there. They're close to Tenterfield Rd and the parks around there are great for their young families. Nice houses with well maintained frontyards (atleast on the main streets) in most of the estates from what I've seen. A 4x2x2 on < 500sqm should set you back by about $700k, maybe more depending on the condition of the house. Only issue is the train stations are a bit of a drive away, at 10-15 min depending on rush hour traffic.