Travel & Holidays Hiking spots and activities to do in Melbourne?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by EN710, 14th May, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Hiya,

My sister and brother-in-law are visiting Melbourne in 2 weeks time. They're staying for 8 days and I"d love some suggestions on places to go to.

Some of the things they said they want to do
    - Barista course - there seems to be several provider in Melb, so I might just choose one of them . Only need the half day course

- Hiking - any good spot? I'm taking the week off, so can travel. Just need to be able to do it as day trip.

- Good ramen place ;)

- apart from that I might bring them to museum, botanical garden, go karting and target shooting, maybe also the hot spring in mornington,

Other suggestions welcome :)

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Otway Fly, puffing Billy, Grampians, yarra Valley wineries, Frankston for some bogan hunting (you did mention target shooting).

EN710 likes this.
  3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

4. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Need it to be legal ....
    I'm thinking clay target

Will look at these :)

5. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Bush walks close to Melbourne - the Dandenong Ranges has lots of nice walks.

Are they up for a real bush walk or more of a stroll?

EN710 likes this.
  6. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

We don't bushwalk much, so I'd say a stroll (not climbing up rocks etc).

7. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

A great bush walk is the Two Bays Trail. If you don't have a lot of time just do the low end and do only "Bushrangers Bay" walk. Park at Cape Schank and follow the Bushragers Bay trail (heads north away from the light house, trail head is at the north end of the car park). After about 3k take the right hand spur down the steps to Bushranger Beach, amazing spot and rarely see a soul down there as it's a 3k hike in from either end of the trail. Head back the way you came for a relatively easy 5-6k all up. Combine it with a Peninsula day, hit some wineries and beaches if it's nice. I prefer the back side beaches, Point Leo, Gunamatta etc.

If you've got two cars and want a full day hike, park one in Dromana and then all pile in the other to cape schank, (or shorten it up and start at Boneo Road) and walk the whole Two Bays Trail. One of the best bits of bush in Victoria I'd say. great trail, good views and lots of different types of habitat. About 28k all up from memory. The best bit is the Greens Bush section between Boneo Road and Greens Road if you just wanted to out and back some of it (start at Boneo Road end and walk up then turn around when you get fed up). You don't see many people out there.

EN710 likes this.
  8. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

Ah, just saw your post about "stroll", in that case, park at Cape Schank, walk down to Bushrangers Bay beach and back, (not technical trail, the only steep bit are the steps down to the beach) about 6k return then hit the Hot Springs as you're down that way anyway then head to Montalto Vineyard for wood fired pizza afterward and have a wonder around the sculptures in the vines.

EN710 likes this.
  9. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Propagate likes this.