Hi! (Melbourne)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Zachary Stone, 23rd Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Zachary Stone

Zachary Stone New Member

Hey everyone!

I'm currently 22 years old, recently graduated with a biomedicine degree and have just started my first year of medicine.

I've only recently discovered an interest in property investing and was just seeking some guidance for a beginner. I've been reading on this forum and it's incredible to see the advice and discussion around property investment and I can't wait to start a journey of my own!

I've been employed since the age of 15 and have since been a scrupulous and obsessive 'saver'! As a result of my spending habits, I believe I have accrued enough funds to purchase a deposit on an investment property.

I was just hoping for any advice on where to start! I'd like to find out where I should be researching on up-and-coming neighbours in Victoria, whether I should be looking in regional or metropolitan areas as my first investment property and what % deposit is best for a first residential property. I
    And so, I thought I'd reach out on this platform.

Much appreciated and look forward to getting any sort of advice!

Zac.

2. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Congrats and welcome

Those are all very specific qs, and as a scientist u can appreciate that one needs very specific data to produce a prognosis.

This isnt any different.

Id suggest you chat with a broker that resonates with you and has focus on guided discovery and education, vs product fulfillment

ta
    rolf

3. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Hi Zac,

Welcome to the forum!

Well done - it looks like you've come a long way already!

I'd recommend you think about what you're trying to achieve through property before you start looking at what and where...get the ground work done first, or you'll find you make way more early mistakes than you have too.

4. KateAshmor

KateAshmor Victorian Conveyancing Lawyer Business Member