Hi I'm Jingo

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jingo, 28th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jingo

Jingo Well-Known Member

Hi,

I've come over from SS, having joined that site in 2007 and learnt so much about property investment.

Over the years I have built up a property portfolio. Am now tweaking it to generate income through shares. The goal is to move towards part time work in the not too distant future.

Looking forward to contributing here where I can and of course chatting with new members and those familiar investors who have also come over from SS.

S.T likes this.
  2. Sashatheman

Sashatheman Well-Known Member

Hi there Jingo. How are you using shares and property together to generate the income to allow you to work part-time?

3. Jingo

Jingo Well-Known Member

Hi Sashatheman,

My initial inspiration for considering shares as part of my strategy was from Keithj's thread on Somersoft entitled How I got from just a PPOR to multi millionaire retiree in 5 years using only OPM.

http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32265&highlight=OPM

The thread enthralled me. At that time, I was still building my property portfolio, and thought the idea of using shares to generate income was something that appealed to me.

I have since established a family trust to buy shares and unlisted commercial property to generate income. I'm using a combination of equity and cash from salaried income. I plan to gradually use the cash I have in HLIS accounts established against my IP's to buy more shares/ETF's in the Family Trust. At this point in time I have concentrated on Australian shares and ETF's, but will be looking at International ETF's and shares in the not too distant future.

As our IP's are positively geared (after all expenses are accounted for) my wife and I could go part time now. Our PPOR is also paid off (or should I more correctly say, the offset established against the loan for the PPOR is full of cash!). We have many options.

Perp and mrdobalina like this.
  4. Catalyst

Catalyst Well-Known Member

Sounds good even if there are a few unknown acronyms, @Jingo :p

5. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Hi Jingo, sounds like good stuff. As above, I'm interested to read more about this shares business.

6. Jingo

Jingo Well-Known Member

I've just read through my post and will outline the ones I've used:

PPOR: Principal place of Residence. (Own home)

HLIS: Home Loan Interest Saver Account

ETF: Exchange Traded Fund

IP: Investment Property

Catalyst likes this.
  7. Jingo

Jingo Well-Known Member

Hi Azazel,

Start by reading Keithj's post (link in my post above) on Somersoft. It is outstanding and I certainly couldn't explain it any where near as well as Keith!!

8. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

No worries @Jingo, thanks, I'll take a look.

Jingo likes this.
  9. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,
    I have been on the Sommersoft forum since 2003 and have now transferred over to Property Chat.
    I have 4 investment properties and greatly appreciate the advice I have been given over the years.
    Thanks Sim for keeping things going.

Cheers,
    Bazza

Jingo likes this.
  10. Investig8

Investig8 Well-Known Member

Hey Jingo, and welcome.

That's a classic, awesome read, along with many others.

It looks like you have things nailed down, looking forward to hearing more from you and reading your success story in more detail.

Jingo likes this.