Hi Henry From Brissy and new to property investment

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Henry Ho, 22nd Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Henry Ho

Henry Ho New Member

Hi all,

I'm Henry from Brissy and I work in healthcare.
    I've always interested in investing in property but just don't know where to start.
    Very excited to be here and learn, hopefully, be good enough to share some experience in the coming years!!

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Henry. :)

Do you rent now? Paying off your own home?

That will help others to help you with where to start.

3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

You've just started.

What kind of healthcare are you in? I've helped quite a few people in healthcare build large portfolios.

What would you like to achieve from investing? Timeframe? Effort willing to put in? Any equity/shavings to your name?

The beginning is always to start the learning process before blindly jumping in. Your journey has begun. ;)

4. Henry Ho

Henry Ho New Member

Hi Wylie and Sackie,

I'm a shift worker in a public healthcare system with an annual wage of approx 85K. I'm married with 2 kids (turning 4 and 6) living in a townhouse we bought in 2013 for 465K. We have no mortgage on the townhouse now but I've 2 years left on my novated car lease (taking away approx $400 per fortnight). My wife is working casually earning less than 6K per annum as she spent most of the time taking care of our children.

I'm looking to become a full-time investor in 5-10 years of time and hopefully be able to retire comfortably in 10-15 years. I'm ready to put in as much effort as needed.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!! TIA