Hi from The Butler

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by The Butler, 24th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. The Butler

The Butler Well-Known Member

I was a long time lurker and very occasional poster on ss for the last few years.Thought it was about time I joined here.
    Thanks to the Somers, Sim and mods for ss. It was a great source of info. Great to see how well PC has taken off.

Brief background:
    I'm male mid 40's married with school aged kids.
    No IPs. Made a relative (relative) fortune by 34. Retired for 6 months. Got bored. Started another business. Lost a (relative) fortune by 40, Spent the last 5 years repairing the balance sheet. So now basically at the back end of a lost decade.

Have just sold PPOR and currently renting whilst looking for next PPOR. Looking to downsize by 66% price wise, looking to invest remainder between shares, property and cash.

Current business of 12 years business is in run off, will close doors within 6 mths. Just starting new business now. Excited about the future.
    Looking forward to reading lots on PI, shares, and running a business and hopefully contributing where I can.

2. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Welcome.
    Always interested in discussing business.
    Mind sharing the new biz - industry?

3. The Butler

The Butler Well-Known Member

Dry Cleaning and Laundry of all things. Never thought Id be in this industry.
    Been following some of your posts on ss and here re your businesses. Some great stuff.
    Put me down for a Shire meet up if you and The Falcon organise another.

4. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Yeah, we should do another one sometime.

I reckon once the Sharks development gets going, the whole area's going to go off.
    There's lots of development going on around Miranda too, got to get some of the growth Western Sydney has enjoyed of late...