Hi From Perth!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Grimlok, 5th Feb, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Grimlok

Grimlok New Member

Hi all,

I always visit the forums and find very useful information and finally I decided to register.

From Perth, single, late 30s and almost paid off current property (4x2 in Darch). Have been rent-vesting the last 3 years and now looking to the next step in the investing journey and currently looking at another property or shares (LICs/ETFS). The information on this forum has been a great help in becoming more informed of what the pro/cons of each option is so many thanks!

For the property option, currently looking for a 1-2 bedroom apartment/townhouse in the 400-600k range in the inner Perth suburbs such as East/West Perth, Subiaco, Shenton Park or Claremont. Would be looking to rent it out for 2 - 3 years with a view to selling the Darch property eventually move into the new property.

thatbum and charttv like this.
  2. charttv

charttv Well-Known Member

welcome Grimlok. didn't realise that Autobots are getting into property investing. Grimlok always was one smart Dinobot

Westminster likes this.
  3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Welcome to the forum @grimlock

4. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

5. Angad Singh

Angad Singh Well-Known Member

6. charttv

charttv Well-Known Member

sacrilege! Grimlok would bite you in half if he heard that!

7. Kent Cliffe

Kent Cliffe Well-Known Member

Welcome!

I am actually helping a mate seek out almost exactly the same mandate. I am quite surprised at how much the CBD apartment market has come back. 1 Bedders which were renting at $650p.w. furnished are now selling for mid $300s (and now renting for high $300p.w. unfurnished).

Despite apartments not traditionally being the best growth investment in Perth. I do see that there are some genuine buying opportunities. There are some 5 - 10 year old units which are significantly under replacement value. To me this is not a horrible buying decision if a house/land is not for you.

charttv likes this.
  8. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

Welcome @Grimlok

You are looking at great areas. And at your entry price their is only apartments so not necessarily bad.

You might lose the main residence exemption depending on how you do the transaction.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.