Hi from Melbourne

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Melany Preet, 21st Oct, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Melany Preet

Melany Preet Member

Hi All,

I'm planning to buy an investment property in Perth or Sunshine Coast. Not sure where yet. I've done a little bit of basic groundwork and these two areas seem to be a bit promising. Very new to this whole investment property space and there's just so much information and advice online that it's overwhelming. Very nervous but hopefully will make the right decision :)
    Would it be better to pay someone/use an agent to try and find the best option or should I just research everything by myself? I've got plenty of time but very nervous I might end up choosing the wrong area.
    I've looked at a few BA companies like A-Team Property investment group and Australian property advisory group but they all seem to have so many conflicting reviews and ratings so not sure what to believe. Such a nightmare.

Anyone know of any good BA companies or are they not really worth it?

Thanks in advance :)

propertywatcher likes this.
  2. Morgs

Morgs Well-Known Member Business Member

Welcome!

There are a few great BA's here that you can start the conversation with, check the business directory :)

Melany Preet likes this.
  3. Melany Preet

Melany Preet Member

Great thanks will do :)

4. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Welcome aboard :)

Cheers

Jamie

Melany Preet likes this.
  5. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Hi Melany and welcome to the forums!

A BA can seem like an easy choice (and they can be really good) BUT - using one won't make your subsequent purchases any easier (unless you hassle them at every step and come out the other end with a heap more knowledge than you went in ;)) and there's no guarantee the property will be awesome 'just' because a BA bought it.

I have investors who bought with a certain big name BA - and their properties haven't grown enough over the last 3 years to get any equity out of.

In MELBOURNE.

In the middle of a boom.

So...

If you have time, I'd learn to research so you have the skills moving forward to buy great property on your own.

If you hate research though, and would rather risk buying a crap property than spending the time to learn, then a BA is probably a good idea.

sqe and Melany Preet like this.
  6. Melany Preet

Melany Preet Member

Hi Jess,

Thanks for your advice. Definitely planning to do a lot of research on my own before I jump into this :)

Jess Peletier likes this.
  7. James Fontaine

James Fontaine Member

Hi Melany,

How did you go with this? End up deciding?

8. Becky2097

Becky2097 New Member

Hi Melany,
    I am also looking to invest in a property on the Sunshine Coast. I am struggling to choose which buyer's agent to use up there. Did you end up finding a good one?

9. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

There is a lot of resource on this forum to guide you as well as people who can handhold till you can walk (decide) yourself. Ask more questions. Do your due diligence. You will be fine.