Hi from FNQ

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Boring, 6th Nov, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Boring

Boring New Member

Hi,

I’ve been a reader for a while and found these forums helpful so thought I’d introduce myself. I’m 23 and live in Townsville. I’ve been a soldier for the last 4 years and am in the middle of leaving the army to be home with my wife more often. We own one property locally which we’ve held for 12 months now, (we rent down the road from it). We extensively renovated it when we bought it and now rent it out per room as it is located close to the local university, it produces a Net yield of 11%.

We are currently looking for a PPOR, we expect to remain here for a minimum of 3 years but possibly more. We have 70k offset against the loan and about 75k in shares. We are looking for a house we can add value to while we live in it. Ideally we’d then pick up a second investment aiming for CG, we would be comfortable buying anywhere in Australia depending on where the market sits at that time.

My wife is on 75k and my income usually averages about the same. This being said I only have a job for 3 more months (I’m then studying and hoping to find full time work concurrently). I am completely unskilled as I have no qualifications that are transferable or that don’t relate to guns and explosives :)

Cheers

2. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Welcome Boring.

Your moniker does sounds self deprecating but you are doing well and have vision nonetheless.

Have you the vision to invest in the far west of Sydney? I'm talking about Mt Druitt and its lovely surrounds?

BTW there are gun clubs down here where you can let off a little smoke. Don't think they allow explosives to be let off there though lol. Might have to try the back paddocks late at night on new year's eve.

3. Boring

Boring New Member

Strange sense of humour I guess!

I grew up not far from there in Sydney until I joined. I wouldn’t be opposed to seriously looking into it, I know the area reasonably well. In fact, I actually studied the social demographics of Claymore and Mount Druitt as part of a geography assignment in Year 12.

I contacted a buyers agent in Sydney 18 months ago who insisted I buy an ‘off market’ property in the Moreton Bay region. However I couldn’t pass up the opportunity in Townsville as I thought I’d come off better in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator: 6th Nov, 2019