Hi everyone! Looking forward to being a part of the community

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kumagawa, 9th Jul, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kumagawa

Kumagawa Active Member

Hi everyone! I'm excited to be joining the community after a period of lurking. Hopefully I'll be able to give what little I can back to other members from my perspective as a longstanding apartment owner occupier (PPOR) and OC committee member in Melbourne's CBD (10+ years).

I can talk to issues relating to cladding/cladding removal (huge headache!), dealing with building management and resident issues, as well as neighbouring development proposals and planning permits (including going to VCAT) from an OC member point of view.

Just a little bit about me:

Early 30s single with no dependants. I'm in a fairly secure role within pharmaceuticals, but started working in a 'proper job' relatively late after spending a few years exploring whether academia would be a viable career for me in the long term.

I have no IPs as my investment strategy has focused on equities, but maintain exposure to commercial property through a few A-REIT holdings. This may change in the near future as I am looking at purchasing a house and leasing my apartment out.

Ultimately my financial goals are to retire early, or at least have the option of retiring early. I'm interested in exploring if property is a suitable approach as part of my financial strategy!

Nice to meet everyone's acquaintance!

Kumagawa

2. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Welcome..... rather interesting choice of nic considering what is happening....

The Y-man

Kumagawa likes this.
  3. Kumagawa

Kumagawa Active Member

Hi Y-man, my username was definitely not chosen to make light of the flooding in Kumamoto. I hope it doesn't come across as insensitive.

It's inspired by Kumagawa Juku in Fukui, a town along the historical Saba Kaido Road connecting Kyoto with the Sea of Japan.

The Y-man likes this.