hey all - recommended property advocates?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by detags, 31st Aug, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. detags

detags Member

Hi guys, new to this site and to home ownership soon.

I understand there are many topics on suggested advocates, but its so hard when you google and get about 75 blowing their own trumpets. I see members here say to look for REIV and REBAA accreditation, but most of them have this!

So my question is, do any members here have legit recent experiences with good quality advocates, who wont rip off, do the right thing and are clear with the process and $ charged?

I am in Melbourne (so looking for a place here), earn 150k+, have savings and have just inherited some $.

Any advice, recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

2. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Dan Wood and Eric Wu like this.
  3. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

As you mention REBAA I assume you mean a buyer's advocate. Just to let you know there are vendor's advocates too.

The Y-man

4. detags

detags Member

Rolf are u associated with Lisa or her company?

Y-man posts that i have read suggest to look for advocates with REIV and REBAA. Can you claify what u mean by vendor's advocates?

5. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Advocates that help you when you are selling property. Your original posts were not 100% clear if you were buying or selling.

The Y-man

6. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

A vendor's advocate is someone hired by a property seller to help them choose a selling agent and keep them accountable.

A buyer's advocate & buyer's agent are the same thing - someone you hire to help you define your next purchase, locate, negotiate, complete due dilligence and finalise the purchase of a property.

REBAA is the main qualification to look for as they have standards higher than the basic REI licence or REIV membership as far as I am aware.

To my knowledge Rolf isn't affiliate with Lisa or her company at all, he is a quality mortgage broker and not involved in the Buyer's Agent space (he can confirm of course).

+1 Lisa Parker is very experienced and gets great results from what I have heard. She is involved in developing our REBAA training and professional development. There are some other great REBAA members in Melbourne also. It really depends where in Melbourne you are looking and if for your PPOR or an investment.

7. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Op, maybe describe what you expect the advocate to do.

8. detags

detags Member

BuyersAgent thanks for the info.

Would anyone have a recommended mortgage broker? Again, there are so many listed and its hard based on google reviews etc

9. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

agree with Rolf,

@Lisa Parker, I chat with Lisa on regular basis, really amazed by her dedication, passion, knowledge and experience.

10. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

@detags, re mortgage broker, you can't go wrong with @Rolf Latham. he has trained many great brokers.