Henry Kaye

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Redwing, 4th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Last edited: 4th Jul, 2015
    Terry_w likes this.
  2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

3. Pistonbroke

Pistonbroke Well-Known Member

His name did cross my mind the other day. This bubble isn't the same without quality spruikers.

Bayview likes this.
  4. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Kaye land bank scheme in tatters

ok im not a corporate / scam expert

but how does such a person become involved in the same thing again,

and how does any sort of scheme like this even possibly get past the dream phase.

what exactly happens?!?!? someone tell me

5. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Freedom, Anyone is free to get involved with any scheme. Seems ASIC stepped in because of insolvent trading.

Xenia likes this.
  6. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

why would anyone invest and keep on investing in land banks in the middle of nowhere,

its not a few $k here and there, its millions.

7. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Lack of common sense, lack of research combined with misguided trust and deceptive behaviour of the behalf of the spruikers.

New Town likes this.
  8. Omnidragon

Omnidragon Well-Known Member

Good salesman

Christian likes this.
  9. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

Look at what I found, when I was tidying up my garage...

probably circa 2002, probably paid around $5k for the course

Hey, come on ... give me hugs for coming out of closest and own up ;)

upload_2015-12-22_21-31-15.png

ellejay, Christian, Luke T and 7 others like this.
  10. Tim & Chrissy

Tim & Chrissy Well-Known Member

I know of a case where a person was banned from becoming the director of a company for a certain period of time. He was director of another company 6 months later having changed one letter in his surname. It was beought to the attention ASIC who did...... nothing

ASIC and ACCC have been toothless tigers in my experience.

ellejay likes this.
  11. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I recall going to one of his presentations in a city hotel, large room, lots of people. We were not interested (don't know why we went along to be honest). The thing I most recall from that night, apart from both of us thinking we would never get that two hours back, was that the first person who got up, moved to the aisle to leave was ridiculed along the lines of "that man obviously doesn't want to make a million" or words to that effect. It was bad enough that we decided to sit it out. We were not going to stand up and leave and be ridiculed by him. After the first person left, more left and he kept up the comments about them leaving. After quite a number left, he couldn't continue to belittle each one, so we joined them and left too. It made him look churlish and immature and was very unprofessional.

It was embarrassing for those leaving, embarrassing for those witnessing it. It confirmed for me that this wasn't a man I wanted to be involved with.

I think he may have been selling off the plan type apartments, but really cannot recall clearly.

ellejay likes this.
  12. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

We may have been there that night,we walked out when he saw the numbers leave,i heard him say to one gentleman next to us,you don't want to be worth a million do you,he just turned around and said i already am several times over,and i intend to keep it that way ####-wit,then walked out,at least the doormen doorladies just let everyone out..

Ted Varrick and Gockie like this.
  13. CU@THETOP

CU@THETOP Well-Known Member

no shame- we've all been taken at one point or another.

7 minute abs for me!

ellejay and Christian like this.
  14. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Gold.
    Would have loved to have seen the look on his face.
    Although, it probably would have no impact on snakes like him and it would be moving right onto the next victim.
    Is there some form of mental illness diagnosis for these shamefull spruikers?
    How can they not know they are destroying lives for their own financial benefit, but can't resist doing it anyway?

ellejay likes this.
  15. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Anything good in there?

16. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I'm sure some of them are undiagnosed psychopaths so they aren't able to empathize, among other things. There are quite a few people who are able to function in society and (unknowingly) use their psychopathy to their great advantage as they see it.

17. Truly Exotic

Truly Exotic Well-Known Member

I had one too! brings back some old memories

hey how come you have three of them?? I only had one

I also bought the internal home reno design kit for $5k whatever it was called, but I returned it

I went to the course that was origianlyl supposed to be in melbourne but they moved it to the last minute to sydney and they gave us a $500 cheque to cover flights/hotel etc.

18. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I have seen a lot over the years,always the same business model in a upswing market,and you look at some of the people they had in their target range most just wanted fast bucks not knowing what risk is,perfect storm,but i did listen in 1996 to one person who told it like it was
    when he talked it was standing room only,and everyone just listened,i still have the book he signed for me on that night,very good read and would work the same today as it did in 1996.
    http://www.amazon.com/How-Start-Savings-Rich-safely/dp/0646178660

19. Truly Exotic

Truly Exotic Well-Known Member

I remember clearly after I had done one of his courses, the next day he had an ad in the paper with his face hugely on it, that he would turn 5 people into millionaires using none or very little money and he would do it in front of the live audience,

that would have been interesting to be there

20. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

To be honest I didn't mind the course. It was pretty full on, getting into some of the topics joint venture, options, and advanced finance that I probably will never use though. The guy speaks like he was the commentator at Melbourne cup, so fast...

In my view, I believe if anyone followed his strategy in his course would not come out broke, but probably not rich either, just me saying. However, his course was offered during sydney rising market/boom ( don't all property investor course (aka spruiker) appear during rising/booming market ;P), and when you do your DD based on his course to the time you implement/purchase property, it is on down cycle, which makes him a bad person....

Christian and Sackie like this.