Help with floor plan

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by hvdw87, 28th Aug, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Or get rid of the hallway wall in the living room, put a door between the living room and new dining area.

This means you enter directly into the living area from the garage and verandah, but it gives a much bigger living area that can also be closed off from the rest of the house.

Though it couldn’t be so easily used as a guest bedroom.

2. Firefly99

Firefly99 Well-Known Member

Or with a slightly different kitchen

Attached Files:

3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I think that would be a very expensive roofline to change. If you did want to extend the kitchen roofline looks to be the one to use because it has a gabled end so would be easy to add on to.

This is a mish mash of ideas. Make the MPR smaller and change it's shape so that the formal dining can remain. This did create a bit of an odd shape for the MPR but it does mean you can create a walk in storage or robe in the room.

Floorplan1.JPG

hvdw87 likes this.
  4. hvdw87

hvdw87 Well-Known Member

I like this! Probably the only not ideal thing for me would be having to walk through the kitchen to get to the family area.

I would also question if you are already doing an extension to the north, whether you don’t just square up the family room, meals area kitchen.

5. Westminster

Have you lived in this house long? I do think your informal meals area is big enough to take a large table if you creep it into the informal area a bit as the living area is huge.

6. hvdw87

hvdw87 Well-Known Member

Definitely a cheaper option than the structural changes, but still require all the services to be relocated. I’m also a little concerned about the flow of the house with the kitchen as the last room.

7. hvdw87

hvdw87 Well-Known Member

We have only just bought it and haven’t moved in. We certainly have a better idea once we are in with some furniture to play around with.

8. Westminster

Agreed. You'll be able to see how it all works and what options might work best for you.