Help with extension

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Mumbai, 21st Jul, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I love all the different floorplan proposals. I wanted to add that everyone has made good use of northern sun, but have you considered the eastern side for morning winter warmth and the western side for extreme summer heat/winter cold?

2. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I agree, but that's what a lot of newer homes are. I've got 2.6m here.

3. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I have 3 x 2.6 in my home. Will have bigger beds in the next place.

4. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

Tell me more. I always read about having the area that you spend most time to face north.
    Being originally from Sydney, we struggle with the Melb cold as the places we rented do not face north :(
    And I have been told northern sun makes it bearable.

5. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Hi @Mumbai Yes that is correct. You want northern sun as much as possible and avoid south as much as possible.

In that case, you would put laundry, garage, guest's rooms that dont get used much and storage walls on the southern side. The above examples are making good use of winter sun, but you can further improve on these designs by adding windows to the bedrooms or living rooms on the eastern side. It's lovely having these rooms flooded with sunshine in the winter mornings, keeping them warm all day.

Mumbai likes this.
  6. Luca

Luca Well-Known Member

Did you end up pulling the trigger on this?

7. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

Nope. I bought another one and will post the floorplan for that to get some ideas to change floor plan.

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.