help please re. contract of sale conditions

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by michael_perth, 13th Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. michael_perth

michael_perth Active Member

Hi guys,

I signed a contract of sale and the owner accepted. Now I am not sure, who should I contact to inspect the property to enforce the following conditions?

First condition: "The seller warrants that all electrical, gas, & plumping fixtures & fittings, including all cooking appliances, HWS, all air conditioners (including swimming pool, pump, filter, clorinator & cleaning equipment) shall be in good working order at settlement."

Second condition: "Electrical Compliance - That seller agrees and acknowledges that the property must comply with the Electrical Regulations and Western Australian Building Regulations act of 2012 and must have the required number of Residual Current Devices ("RCDs") and smoke alarms, the seller agrees to make the property Electrically compliant prior to settlement by installing RCDs and smoke alarms, this will be done by the seller prior to settlement at the seller expense"

I understand that the second condition states that the seller will do certain things to fulfill it, but, can I or do I need to do some sort of inspection as well?

Sorry if my question is naive but it is my first home purchase and I appreciate your help :) Thanks

2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Congratulations!!

With the second they will supply certification to your lawyer/conveyancer/settlement agent to prove that it complies. This will be done before settlement and settlement won't occur if they don't do it

With the first then you need to check at your final inspection (generally within 48hrs of settlement) that all those things work. You can check or you can get someone to do it for you.

3. jazzsidana

jazzsidana Well-Known Member

These conditions are part of the contract, right?

If yes, invoices and certificates will confirm that.

Also, you can always contact the trade person who attended the site to fix and see if they have anything to add. Most of them are very friendly and will tell you exactly what the faults were and if any further action is required..

Also, make sure you do the final inspection and check things are in order..

Any issues, involve solicitors/real estate agent straight away..

Cheers,