NSW Help buying a house in Sydney West

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Zammy, 27th May, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Zammy

Zammy Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,
    I have been looking to buy my first home to live in for several months and I am having hard time deciding where to buy and what sort of property?
    Currently looking into suburbs like Quakers hill, Rooty hill and black town.
    My budget is 750k and looking for closer to train (easy commute to city) and preferably closer to school.
    Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

2. AAA2214

AAA2214 Well-Known Member

I bought recently in Quakers hill and i'm loving it. Didn't get a good bargain when I bought but my property is good size square level block, close to schools, shopping center and also near my sister's house so I had to increase my offer to match other buyers.

Look for streets around Farnham road shops, near Barnier Public school, Aldi/Hamedolon public school on the new side. On the old side any where within 1 km of the station and near to Quakers hill public school. These are the areas where there are less properties on market so depending on the buyers it might be difficult to get a good bargain.

Danny370z likes this.
  3. Zammy

Zammy Well-Known Member

Thanks mate for the reply. What do you think of Sherridon Crescent Street?

4. AAA2214

Its a good area on the new side close to parks and about 1-2 min drive to station and 10-15 mins walk. School would be Barnier Public school for that area which is good. If you are getting a house with good block around 750-800k in the new area its a good deal :)

Zammy likes this.
  5. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Hi @Zammy

What is it that you are finding challenging?

6. Zammy

Zammy Well-Known Member

Thanks mate!! There is one with 590sqm ( if u consider this a good block) but with wider at front and tapered at the back. Asking 760k

7. AAA2214

That's a very good block size. That's the advantage of buying in Quakers hill compared to Schofields, Ponds etc. Schofields you even can't get just the land @760k.

Land appreciates when compared to shiny houses.

If the house is in good condition, then looks like an awesome deal on the new side of Quakers hill.

8. Zammy

Zammy Well-Known Member

Thanks buddy!! :)

9. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Is there any minimum land size/bedrooms or any public transport requirements?

10. Zammy

Zammy Well-Known Member

Well.. above 450sqm, min 3 bed room brick house. Preferably closer to station and flat block not irregular or slopy :)

11. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Brick vaneer. Close to station 10-12 mins walk but block is small and it is a duplex

12. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

We've bought for many many clients in Quakers Hill and surrounds and know it well, including Sherridon Cres. Just be aware the cheaper houses are usually the ones backing the M7 side (for obvious reasons) or the reserve off Pye Rd. Mainly 4 bed homes in this street but it's a good street, and walkable to the station, shops and schools (though the end closest to the station is preferable here as it's less walking :D) $750K on the face of it looks like good buying here. Just make sure you get a thorough building/pest inspection and there's no problems with the house. Best of luck with it all :)

Propertunity, AAA2214 and Sackie like this.
  13. Zammy

Zammy Well-Known Member

Thank you for the detailed reply.
    You mean house near Pye road Reserve are cheaper? ( I wonde why:))
    What are your fees BTW ?

14. Jacque

No problems @Zammy - fees are by individual quote only so please feel free to PM me or visit our website (see Contact Us page) and we can then email you with costs and services etc. Thanks.

15. Zammy

Zammy Well-Known Member

Thanks will do. Quick question : what do you think of suburbs like Lalor park/Kings Langley/stanhope gardens?

16. Jacque

Lalor Park would be my least favourite pick of the 3 but only due to Housing Dept pockets and some less desirable/appealing streets. KL a bigger suburb but good sized blocks and decent homes. Stanhope Gardens younger (was developed in mid 1990's) but is well placed now given proximity to new Sydney Metro stations due to open early 2019.

17. AAA2214

You will find it tough to get some decent block and house for 750k in either Kingslangley or Stanhope Gardnes. Both dont have train connectivity to city currently.

18. AAA2214

I think this one on the Sheridon crescent is under contract already. Did you buy it? :)

Zammy likes this.
  19. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I reckon, take your time, buy within walking distance to a train station... My feeling is that prices aren't going up anymore, so take your time and buy smart.

20. Zammy

Zammy Well-Known Member

No mate it wasn't me . :(