HELP BAD TENANT- Need Help please!

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by MS LOLLYLEGS, 20th Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. fols

fols Well-Known Member

What's your point?

Why come here asking for advice, only to not listen to any of it?

2. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Perhaps you haven't read the OP's posts? If you had, you would see that the OP has acknowledged the advice given. Several times...

MS LOLLYLEGS likes this.
  3. MS LOLLYLEGS

MS LOLLYLEGS Well-Known Member

Thank-you Joynz... I HAVE acknowledged the good advice here many times!! And am acting on it!! (agree .... sooo much judgement !! He hee! Some warranted for sure!, some not!!) will be back this arvo to give an UPDATE to what's happening- (if anyone's still interestedo_O) ....

Chivaun.Shortis, KayTea and Marg4000 like this.
  4. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

If it's a long update, please add in blank lines to separate the paragraphs and stay away from putting entire words in upper case.

Also, the frequent use of 'soooo' and multiple exclamation marks tend to work against people taking the posts seriously.

These things will make the post a lot easier to read - and hopefully annoy fewer people.

Last edited: 23rd Sep, 2017
    GapPhantom, Perthguy and Marg4000 like this.
  5. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Probably being typed on a phone?

The Y-man

MS LOLLYLEGS likes this.
  6. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

If she can hit the capslock she can hit return.

MS LOLLYLEGS, Phar Lap, fols and 4 others like this.
  7. MS LOLLYLEGS

Yes! Wylie, thats what I'm going to do! Played the voicemail message to PM (went & saw one yesterday, signing with them Monday) & to RTA- both said 'go to police', confirming what I've been saying. I believe they will do something like go & talk to him, & warn him.

So, (as I expected) he has gone to Post Office today Sat. with the card from postie, guessed it was from me & not picked it up, cos at 9.44am the registered tracking says "Return to Sender". At 9.49 am, he's txted my no. with just "???". (On Friday morning he txed 2x with questions about what I want, rung my mobile 2 times, then I got 3 private No. calls- I am not conversing with him anymore at all. He knows what to do- Remedy the Breach notices)

But of course - I dont want him to remedy them at all. So even if I had used a PM before now, I think he'd be playing the same games with them. 3 times we've delivered / register mailed this Notice to Leave- General breach (14 days).. 3 x he's lied he it was'nt in letterbox/ RTSendered it. So, the plan now is to for an accompanied delivery to the door again, by PM & I on Monday. Then Tuesday he gets his Notice to Leave- Rent Arrears (7 Days), 2 people again (plus1 in car). If he wont answer door or makes it difficult again (or starts his tirade of abuse via messages again, or face to face with PM & I as witness) then that is more fodder to tell the Police. Not going earlier as I think his height of anger will be when he gets & Days Notice to leave.
    Something he sent in txt worries me tho' ...after he got 1st Form 11. 'I need a stable house so I stay out of trouble" Wonder what trouble means? Anyway I need a "stable tenant' so my mortage "stays out of trouble".

And 1 more thing guys! The PM looked over the RTA forms I have served him so far - & said . I've served them correctly, observing correct timings & dates. Doing this is not rocket science for those who think a layman's not capable of doing this correctly! My day job/ business is way more detailed & complicated than this....But yes, it's certainly is tricky, a pain in the behind dealing with these freeloading conmen so hats off to you PM's out there -it must be a tiring, annoying job at times. I'm also loathe to inflict this slimeball on these nice local PM's, but luckily the male owner of the local Harcourts I'm going to, came & joined the conversation & says he might go to the door 1st time. Gave him slimeball's full name- hopefully he will have NOT found him on Tica, but I doubt it.
    Did I type this more to everyone's liking?.. your're a tough crowd you know!....VERY helpful but tough!;) Thanx again, everyone.

8. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Sounds good. I could be wrong, but my understanding is that it doesn't matter if he doesn't collect the registered mail, or tries to return it to sender.

My understanding is that just having a record of sending it via registered mail is enough for you to be judged as having done all you need to do to satisfy this.

And if so, I'd say there is no need for any personal visit to issue something that should be considered "done". Your PM will confirm this hopefully.

MS LOLLYLEGS and Joynz like this.
  9. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I think I should flick @datto .5 large and see if he can "fix it"

Too much typing for me to read after 8pm with broken internet.

MS LOLLYLEGS likes this.
  10. MS LOLLYLEGS

11. MS LOLLYLEGS

Thanks Wylie ! I do think that might be the case that I can count that Form as served on him, will check like u said PM should know.
    And thanks Dabbler! ....wish i could get ya friend Datto to help but :( might be best to leave him out of it for now! ;)

12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

That's why I have PMs for all my places, so i dont have to EVER go through this nonsense . I had 1 tenant wanting to take me to court. I told PM to say go ahead. PM managed everything ( email evidence, receipts, communications, etc etc) and they lost and I was awarded legal fees plus a portion of my counterclaim all while watching The Block and sipping my coke zero .

Stevefredbelle, Toon, fols and 6 others like this.
  13. MS LOLLYLEGS

14. MS LOLLYLEGS

Sorry Made a mistake with quote above.- just saying the nerve of some tenants is pretty annoying at times... the tales u hear. Glad u won, if you were being taken for a ride by yr tenant.
    I dont think I'll ever self manage again... after this idiot! He's made me vary wary now !!

Sackie and Marg4000 like this.
  15. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

I hope you took a phone pic of putting the Notice to Vacate in an A4 envelope and then a selfie of you putting that envelope in his mailbox.... it might help a lot in any future proceedings.

MS LOLLYLEGS likes this.
  16. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

Histronic?

17. MS LOLLYLEGS

I took pictures of the registered Mail envelope addressed to him (that he "Return to Sender"-ed on Saturday) And I took a quick pic of the house which is date stamped, of course, for the day I put Wed's Notice to Leave in his letterbox... to show I'd been there that day. Plus I a witness in car( + a neighbour who wont let me any reference to her as she is scared of him!). KWylie (I think that's her name here? a staff member? thinks I dont have to prove he got them- just that they were properly served! Thanks 4 yr advice!

Ted Varrick likes this.
  18. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Also, review your building insurance.

Be prepared to spend a night or two there after he has vacated, even buy a small motion camera for the front window.

(nothing worse than having an ex tenant return and lite a fire at the front door! Yes, this has happened...)

MS LOLLYLEGS likes this.
  19. MS LOLLYLEGS

Yes - I'm going to find out where to get the ones that show thru on yr phone or Ipad? if someone is walking around. And gonna get standard lights changed to a motion sensor floodlights to light up front of property! Should give him a fright if he return's & is up to something!

20. SeafordSunshine

SeafordSunshine Well-Known Member

Dear Lolly,

A while ago I had a tenant wanted to move in..
    it was all a rush..
    Hadn't given me the bond money, or signed up.
    Instead of waiting round for him, I went to the movies.
    No mobile reception there....
    I came home to 4 phone calls of 'where are you , I have a removalist van out the front.'
    He still hadn't paid or signed. I can't remember the movie I saw, but I think this was a close call..
    One piece of advice
    Never drink Coke Zero
    Now for that G&T!

Last edited: 25th Sep, 2017
    MS LOLLYLEGS, 158 and Scott No Mates like this.