HELP BAD TENANT- Need Help please!

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by MS LOLLYLEGS, 20th Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MS LOLLYLEGS

MS LOLLYLEGS Well-Known Member

YESSSS !! Finally decided to do this!! Get some help for the next parts! Realizing how much of my time he's taking up! BUT I'm still going to be involved all the way as I cant let him think I've backed off because of his nastiness!! It'll be quicker getting a local agent to help too I think! (If I can find someone willing!) Thanx!!

Tom Rivera likes this.
  2. MS LOLLYLEGS

I have been told with VERBAL ABUSE & Intimidation, Rent Arrears, Refusal to pay Electricity Bill as agreed, Failure to pay Bond as agreed... that would be enough!! He's living in my house for FREE, I'm paying his electricity & I get his abuse too!!

3. MS LOLLYLEGS

Sorry but I have to say something about these comments! You mean well I'm sure..but I HAVE NOT been "bumbling around, making a mess, OR digging myself deeper into a hole" I have been following the Process, serving the correct notices, with the correct timings. I haven't lost any time, or incorrectly served him notices. And although I can do this (as its mostly following a known procedure as set out by the RTA/Qld.).. yes!! I HAVE decided to get help with the next notices/Qcat as it IS getting too annoying putting up with his crap! BUT this dick*&^% needs to see he cant bully women!! I'll pay a local PM for her services & meet her there maybe when he's being served his Rent Arrears; Notice to Leave, 7 DAYS. But sure!!! At the start, I made a mess of things by letting him move in...(not lately)

4. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Absolutely! What area is it in, some of us probably have a recommendation for a PM in that area?

Chivaun.Shortis likes this.
  5. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Why? You are still the one 'in charge'. Seems that you want to be there just to prove some kind of point which, if you think about it it long enough, doesn't need proving. Chill out and get out of the way. It has nothing to do with how you feel. And despite his poor behaviour and pushiness, he's a human being who has trouble finding somewhere decent to live.
    You allowed him in without any checks. Now get out of the way and let a PM deal with it humanely.

wylie likes this.
  6. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I'm not up on the process to get a bad tenant out as I've not had a bad tenant for many years, but your comment that you have followed all procedures in the correct order and then say "it's not - but hopefully he'll fall for it" worries me.

If this goes to tribunal and you've not followed the process, you will find yourself in trouble.

And I say this as a female who had a druggie in our house, who had stopped paying rent, said the water was full of "wiggly worms". We had to get the water tested to back up our claim that this was a rubbish claim and not grounds for him to stop paying rent.

We rented to this guy's female partner, (who was lovely) and his sister. We didn't meet him, and it was a mistake on our part because we really needed rent to start rolling in, so went against our gut feelings (and not meeting all tenants).

He was on drugs, was completely off his head when we went with the water tester, opened the door and deliberately banged his head against the wall. It was quite confronting. We issued all notices at the appropriate times and had the police lined up ready to come in with me (hubby was working) the morning after his midnight deadline.

I saw them packing up the day before, so told the police their attendance wasn't required. They left some damage that was covered by insurance and his girlfriend unfortunately was the one the insurer had details for, so she would have been chased by them (she was on the lease too).

My point is that someone who is angry with YOU won't care about what he damages. Normal people will think of the consequences of their words and actions, but this man likely will just act without thinking.

So, I'm not saying you don't know what you are doing, but more that you don't know WHO you are dealing with. He's angry now, and that's likely only going to escalate.

MS LOLLYLEGS likes this.
  7. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Thinking through some more, I'd be taking the threatening recordings to the police NOW. A visit from them might make him think about how he deals with the situation.

MS LOLLYLEGS and Joynz like this.
  8. Phar Lap

Phar Lap Well-Known Member

I really don't know the exact details of this bun fight because I couldn't be bothered to read all the OP's posts.
    All in one block, no paragraphs, lower case to sections with all caps etc.
    very confusing.

Im only going off the consensus of replies.
    Looks like someone a bit skittled and totally out of sorts.

The Gambler likes this.
  9. neK

neK Well-Known Member

And continued to do stupid things by not listening to the advice provided such as

1. Send by registered post
    2. Engage a PM

Your recent posts say you will engage a PM, so that's a good start.... lets see if you are actually smart enough to follow through and drop your ego.

The Gambler likes this.
  10. neK

neK Well-Known Member

I quoted this before, but I'll quote it again.

Time was lost
    Stress was caused
    And all for nothing as it was incorrectly served.

The Gambler likes this.
  11. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

If the op acts like she types, there is no way she has followed the procedures.

Phar Lap, The Gambler and Ed Barton like this.
  12. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Told that by who exactly? Was it a lawyer or a professional estate agent or PM?

I'm a lawyer. There's at least one other lawyer in this thread trying to help you, and by last count I think at least 4 different practising PMs too.

They're all saying the same thing - get yourself a PM as soon as possible to handle this.

Foxdan, The Gambler and Perthguy like this.
  13. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Are you STILL paying for his electricity?

Unless stipulated in a signed lease, phone the utility company and disconnect.
    Marg

The Gambler and Perthguy like this.
  14. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like it is still in the OPs name. From the first post:

He barged his way in early! I wanted him to move in on the Monday but then he borrowed keys "to move a few boxes in" .. next thing he was waiving me off on the driveway on the Friday & he NEVER paid the bond... kept saying he'll pay next week! Now 5 months has gone by & he's trying to stick me with his electricity bill for the 1st 4 months (as he wouldn't change it out of my name to his, but he has finally).
    If someone barges into your house early, first thing you do is disconnect the power.

Marg4000 likes this.
  15. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Employ professional negotiators

[​IMG]

Toon and RiMo like this.
  16. JacM

JacM VIC Buyer's Agent - Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat Business Member

I don't understand why the tenant was given the keys without a fully-signed lease agreement in place, bond paid, and the necessary rent in advance paid. Giving keys early is not appropriate and invites trouble. A PM would never ever ever do this.

Toon, Pumpkin, Phar Lap and 2 others like this.
  17. Foxdan

Foxdan Well-Known Member

What a train wreck.
    Get a PM, move on with life. problem solved.

18. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I have seen this happen all too often even in the commercial field where owners of substantial portfolios (internally managed), forego the protocols and hand over keys before documents have been returned and cheques deposited. If the tenant can't come up with 3 months bond, how many weeks after incentives have ceased will they start experiencing issues paying the rent?

Unless there are extenuating circumstances, I won't change the rent commencement date if the delay is the tenant's issue, eg. DA submitted late, Shopfitters runs over programme, lease not paid upfront etc.

19. fols

fols Well-Known Member

This thread is making me nauseous.

So much good advice from the PC community.

20. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

and so much judgement....

The Y-man likes this.