Help assembling a team in Newcastle

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by PJ1, 16th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. PJ1

PJ1 Well-Known Member

Hello
    My wife and I kind of stumbled into our first and only IP about a year ago. Since then I have got the bug and would like to purchase IP #2 shortly.
    Before we do I would like to organise our finances, and put a plan in place. Basically tidy everything up before progressing any further. To do this I'm thinking we need a few people in our corner.
    Can anyone recommend a trustworthy :

Accountant with property experience
    Or financial advisor
    Broker
    Conveyancer

If I am missing something/someone can you please reply ?

Ideally this team would be local to Newcastle but I'm open to suggestions.
    Thanks in advance
    PJ

2. Travelbug

Travelbug Well-Known Member

Hi, you don't need to have the above near you. But Networking with likeminded people is very worthwhile. Why not attend a few meetups. I think there's one in Newcastle. Others there may recommend those they have worked with. There are many brokers on this forum that can assist in thaty area.
    Beware of Financial Advisors. It is VERY difficult to find one that is property savvy.
    Asking questions here is also very lucrative.

3. PJ1

PJ1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply Travelbug
    I really do need to chat with like minded folks.I feel uncomfortable talking property and investing with my friends & work mates, Im always conscious of sounding like a jerk. I know I shouldnt but hey that's me.
    I have posted on the Newy meet up , hopefully it will get off the ground soon.
    Been following SS, learning for a while but recently decided now is the time for action. : )

4. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

I'm the same, given up talking to mates, they're not interested.
    Get to the sydney meet up,i reckon it would be worth the drive.
    start with a broker, there a few around and all full of great info. don't limit yourself to newy, Skype is magic!

5. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

Get in touch with some of the other newcastle folks from the forum - they'd be a great starting point.

Send them messages saying hello - i find that most people on PC/SS are great to talk to and have actually met a few likeminded inspiring people that way (e.g. MichaelX, Steven, etc).

Your not the only one with the bug in newcastle - others also love talking property, both virtually and face to face. I know there's a couple young fella's on PC from there doing very well for themselves. :)

Cheers,
    Redom

6. leon brown

leon brown Well-Known Member

Hi mate
    The first person you need on your team is a good broker and Redom who has posted above is exceptional and goes above and beyond expectations .

I use stuart beale who is in raymond terrace , great service and very helpful but pricey at around $1500

Btw I'm from newcastle so drop me a MSG if you have questions mate