Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Nickster, 19th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nickster

Nickster Member

New to the forum (less than 3 months) and would like to say a big THANK YOU, to all the posters in here. Been following "Brisbane is booming.." chat and have gained a ton full of knowledge from the posters there.
    Bit of background, we recently moved from Sydney into Brisbane and have 2 properties in Brisbane north. Love investing in property, more so those needing some tlc and looking to learn more out of this forum from those that have gone down this path before us.

2. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum - lots of useful info and helpful people here, as you know :)

Nickster likes this.
  3. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

So you are a buy and renovate person to add value? Welcome, share some of your achievements so we all learn.

4. Nickster

Nickster Member

starting out and still a rookie with the reno stuff. Our first and only attempt was a unit in Western Sydney 10 yrs ago, where we renovated the insides and then used the created value to place a deposit for our then home. Have then since had the bug but not done much with it since.

Now that we have settled into Brisbane, we are wanting to give it another try and see what we can achieve. Our first Brisbane purchase is a 4-1 in Bald hills and bought it with a view to increase value. The property was sold with an existing tenant whose lease expires Jan 2022 and we are now doing the homework on what possibilities can be done to maximise value.

Unfortunately have no pictures for the unit to share and its more my fault. Mrs wanted to take progressive snaps of the work we did and I was against it at the time. :)

5. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

Good to know you have a project ahead. There is a renovation section on PC and there are a lot of good stuff to share. Good luck and welcome again...

6. Nickster

Nickster Member

Thanks and appreciate the tip

7. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Let the good times roll!

This era will be known as the roaring twenties. I’m so excited I can’t sleep. I think I need another coffee.