Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sezy22, 19th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sezy22

Sezy22 Active Member

Hi, I'm a new member and have an IP on the GC in Ashmore. We are looking at selling soon as we have held it for 15 years and made great CG's and then buy 2 more properties plus top up my primary residence mortgage. But I have been told to hang onto it, what do you think about the GC market??

2. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Hi @Sezy22

Welcome to PC!

I don't have views on the GC market, as I haven't looked into it. Why have you been told to hang on to it? Who has given you this advice?

Great you have had good gains over the time you have held it.

Could these funds be cashed in and invested in other markets poised for growth due to infrastructure going in?

Just because you have held this one for a long time (and I am guessing it is positively geared), depending on where you think GC is headed, there may be other opportunities else where to multiply your capital.

Good luck!

bob shovel likes this.
  3. Pumpkin

Pumpkin Well-Known Member

I think the GC market is generally good, with Commonwealth Games coming, the new rail system etc. But then again, I am not one to make sweeping statements and one cannot generalise like that. You really need to do your research into the area, company, property etc.

4. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

If there is more growth coming to the gc could be worth while to hang on a little longer? I am not familiar with the gc.
    @monalisa did you sell some of your Sydney properties? I see there is am advantage to selling at(near) the peak to then invest in another area sey to boom. Of term hold makes sense but likely there is period where it has very little growth

Property Twins likes this.
  5. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

You'd expect with infrastructure will come jobs.

But is it really long term?

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.