Hello there

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Asset Doctor, 22nd Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Asset Doctor

Asset Doctor New Member

I'm in Brisbane. Have owned investment properties since 2006 and, a little more recently (2014) increased that to 3 properties - through my SMSF.
    Since finishing work, I still have school-aged kids and as I feel not ready to retire, went and got my Real Estate licence and I'm setting up my own small property management business. I figured I may as well pay myself to manage my properties instead of someone else. So far, I have kept my set-up costs under the amount I will save this year.
    I have no grand plans for massive growth, nor do I, at this stage, intend borrowing to purchase a rent roll. My intention is to learn the business slowly, build my rent roll organically and concentrate on delivering good service and value for money to my current (yes I have one already) and future clients.
    I've been impressed with the range of advice available on this forum across the whole gamut of property topics and look forward to contributing where I can, but, most of all, learning from the collective knowledge of the membership.

2. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

Have you spent time working as a PM or REA in a real estate office? its a requirement to obtain your full licence ... and I would check with my accountant as to how you have set up your business to pay yourself to manage your own properties :eek:

Last edited: 22nd Mar, 2021