Hello Investors! Brisbane based thread stalker

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Alissa, 20th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Alissa

Alissa Member

Good Evening

I've been reading this forum for some time and now, the year is winding down and I've got some time to sign up and say hello.

I've recently sold an IP which I previously lived in for a number of years in Valla Beach, NSW. Did ok for holding it for a few years.

Unfortunately I'm one of those people that Telstra defaulted, so now I'm in limbo, so I have some queries about finance but I'm also interested in Brisbane suburbs to invest in.

Currently in Kangaroo Point, renting and taking some time to do research before my next purchase.

Looking forward to being part of the property chat group!

Gockie, Perthguy and KayTea like this.
  2. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

@Alissa..good place to start with PC. Also recommend reading the Interviews section on the predecessor Somersoft forums..

Interviews

Alissa likes this.
  3. Alissa

Alissa Member

Thanks @MsAli I actually have read through a lot of Somerset in the past too. I've been an observer for a long time

Property Twins likes this.
  4. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

Hi @Alissa Telstra defaults (and other telcos) are fairly common. Unless it's a significant amount you'll probably find that many lenders are fairly willing to tolerate a default of this nature as long as it's paid and not a case of multiple defaults.

Alissa likes this.
  5. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Well Hallo @Alissa

Stalking and observing are part of my MO.

Love to share techniques.

6. Alissa

Alissa Member

That sounds promising @Peter_Tersteeg
    I've been under the impression it's financial suicide and have been given advice to wait until it clears, 3 years is a long time to wait when there's some good opportunities in my backyard.

Whitecat likes this.
  7. KayTea

KayTea Well-Known Member

Feel free to join us at the Brisbane PC meet up on 5 Jan, if you're free. We'll be at Stones Corner - an easy trip from Kangaroo Point.

A great way to meet like-minded investors in person, and hopefully make some new friends while you're at it.

Whitecat, JacM and Alissa like this.
  8. Alissa

Alissa Member

Thanks @KayTea will try and make that. Is there a spot on here with the details of said meet ups?

9. JacM

JacM VIC Buyer's Agent - Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat Business Member

Welcome !!

Alissa likes this.
  10. Peter_Tersteeg

It's quite common for people to move house or similar and a telco bill goes missing and ends up in default. As long as it's not a huge amount and a one off, quite a few lenders will be understanding and ignore it.

JacM and Alissa like this.
  11. Alissa

Alissa Member

I actually paid it just recently, a combination of being in America, being stung with data charges and moving addresses etc. I've learnt my lesson and now I have pre paid phones! It was significant, $3500, internet and calls apparently don't come cheap when you're in the

12. KayTea

KayTea Well-Known Member

Sure - it was only set up this afternoon 5 Jan meet up

13. Peter_Tersteeg

@Alissa I was with you until the amount was $3500. That fairly significant. We're speaking to lenders every day, I'll ask some questions.

Alissa likes this.
  14. Alissa

Alissa Member

Haha.. yeah man, they stung me good. It's either wait or try one the pepper or liberty type loans. Thanks @Peter_Tersteeg i'd appreciate any feedback you've got available to you

15. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Welcome. Kangaroo Point is awesome. When I moved from KP to Coorparoo there was serious discussion about moving too far out of city

Alissa likes this.
  16. Alissa

Alissa Member

@RPI That is gold, I am actually moving out to the "burbs" in Jan 2017 - on the border of Buranda/Annerley, it's literally 2.5 km down the road and I had the same concerns. Ridiculous isn't it! KP is lovely but so is value for money!

I actually looked at a few places in Coorparoo, lovely leafy spot very close to the city..

17. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

After its paid off you may even ask Telstra to consider wiping the default. You paid it all back in good faith...see what they can do. Asking the right people in that org will be the challenge. There will be a team leader for it somewhere ! Persist.

KayTea and Alissa like this.
  18. Alissa

Alissa Member

I negotiated a price and paid it back, I'm thinking of writing to Telstra and TIO and see how I go