Hello guys

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Noname1, 5th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Noname1

Noname1 New Member

new here and looking to buy in Brisbane within 3-5ks of cbd.. redhill, herston,kelvin grove, Paddington etc.

Is there any recent data available purely for Brisbane? Everything I read seems Sydney or Melbourne (although called Australia wide?). Past two months I have been tracking property in these areas and seems ‘maybe’ Seller’s added day 6-10% on thinking Sydney/Melbourne buyers were coming up in their thousands to buy their houses. This isnt happening and week after week the prices come down $10k, $20k or more etc. or auction cancelled, house gets re listed. investors aren’t biting and normal buyers are sitting it out. it’s not dropping much granted but will it continue? Think I may wait until after the election..

2. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Welcome to the forums! What kind of property are you looking for?

3. Noname1

Noname1 New Member

Thanks Jess.. We sold up and looking at a Queenslander. Trying to keep the loan down and find one for $750k that needs ‘no work’ (no such thing I know..) we sold a large house with pool to get closer to work in kelvin grove, plus side no commute which is brilliant,downside the houses are tiny so we’ve been de cluttering.. some block sizes are small also so it’s hard to add future value (.. Well be keeping a close eye on things in forthcoming months..

4. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Oh, Queenslanders are so beautiful - doing a reno could be an expensive rabbit-hole so I understand buying one that's all done, but if you're clever with that side of things it could be an opportunity to add value even with small land sizes. Enjoy the hunt! :)

Noname1 likes this.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.