Hello from Newcastle!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jobin, 29th Sep, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jobin

Jobin Well-Known Member

Morning everyone :)

I'm very glad to have stumbled across this place after a fair bit of post trawling. Seems to be a fair chunk of knowledge & experience amongst you all & I'm very keen to learn & share my own experiences as I dive deep into my own property investment journey.

My partner & myself have just moved from Sydney to Newcastle to stay with her parents in a bid to save quicker for our first home which we plan to OO, add value then build our portfolio from there. Forecast to have ~$100k cash by August '21 & I want to move aggressively when the time is right next year. I'm most interested in financial strategy and loan structuring at this stage and just learning as much as I can for the next 6-12 months.

Thanks for listening & looking forward to speaking with you all soon!

inertia and DoggaPP like this.
  2. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Hi Jobin, welcome to the forum! :)

3. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

Welcome to Newie :)

It is an interesting thing. My wife and I grew up here, but did the typical thing and moved away for about 10 years. We moved back for when the kids started school. In the time we were away, those we used to know either moved away too, continued their life trajectory at a tangent to ours, so when we moved home, we basically made a new friend group - consisting mostly of people that had recently moved to Newcastle. I was astounded that people moved here without a prior connection - that they made the lifestyle or career decision to come to Newcastle!

Anyway, we love it here, I guess I shouldn't be surprised others would too!

Cheers,
    Inertia.

MaggieC likes this.