Hello from a kind of old, kind of new poster

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ms Molly, 14th Oct, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ms Molly

Ms Molly Member

Hello - I was active for a while a long time ago on Somersoft and recognise a few of the long time helpful members. My original user name has long left my memory. At that time I was wondering how and where to get into property investment.

I decided against it because it was a bit shocking to find that real estate marketing was rather dishonest. Instead I threw myself into studying the stock market and invested there. Over a decade later, the CG's are probably about the same.

Now I’m in a dilemma which sends me back to the property forums. It’s figuring out how to downsize, that is, to sell a home and buy again in the same market. Or whether I should buy land, then sell the PPOR, then build…So I will mainly read, learn and ask questions if I may, since I don’t have much to contribute at this point. Thank you, everyone.

2. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

I'm curious if you have any debt on the property for sale as a security substitution may work well for you if that is the case?

Ms Molly likes this.
  3. Ms Molly

Ms Molly Member

Hi Colin - No, no debt and no need to take out a mortgage. I’ll look up this term security substitution. Thanks.

4. Morgs

Morgs Well-Known Member Business Member

Bridging loan with no end debt... St George generally good in that space

Ms Molly likes this.
  5. Ms Molly

Ms Molly Member

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll investigate. There seems to be more creative thinking in mortgage departments from the eons ago when I last had one.

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.